In honour of Ilovesmepets, thread... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2005, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

In honour of Ilovesmepets, thread...

Called playing catch. It got me thinking. Does every cat but mine like treats?

Jezebel, will not touch them. She wil sniff them then walk away. I've tried different brands, crunchy, and soft, but she will turn her nose up to all of them.

Goliath on the other hand, loves treats, but only if they are the soft kind and I have to break them up for him, and put them on his placemat.

He begs for them...but will not eat them whole out of my hand.

What kind of treats does you cat like? What tricks will they do to get one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2005, 10:50 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

My cat not only doesn't like treats but she doesn't like chicken, pork, beef or tuna either!!!

HOWEVER -- We found out that she does have fancy tastes.... pull out a bit of REAL (not the fake stuff) crab meat and she goes wild for it...... Go figure

- Deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2005, 11:24 AM
Tiny Grosskisser

I have the same thing in my household.

Pumpkin will not eat a treat at all. I've tried so many varities, and still she won't touch them.

Doodles on the other hand will eat anything that's put in front of her. She hasn't been getting many treats lately because we're trying to get her weight down.

Karen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2005, 04:21 PM
Newborn Pup

Of the 8 kitties that own me. I only have a few that will eat treats. Daisy Mae will talk for her's. I swear she says Mama when she sees the pounce can. My Mr.T a black tuxedo senior citizen can be fooled into taking his medicine by mixing it in with a few soft treats.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 03:07 AM
Resident Pixie

Goldie used to turn her nose up at treats but now there's no stopping her, she love's being treated infact she runs after us on many occasions now thinking we're off to get her some treats and meows at us...

Ronald Hickey

Goldie's DOB 04/03/02

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 09:50 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

My kitties LOOOOVE their treats. But, I got them these ones that said they were low fat and the wouldn't touch them!!! Just like me. Low fat stuff is yucky!

Because I was born in the South, I'm a Southerner. If I had been born in the North, the West or the Central Plains, I would be just a human being.
Clyde Edgerton
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-19-2005, 09:32 PM
Adolescent Pup

Pixel wouldn't eat treats at all for the first couple months I had her. I had bought three different kinds, and she wouldn't touch any of them. If I put them in her food bowl, she would eat around them. I was about to give them away to a friend's cat, but I decided to give them one last shot. Well that's when she decided she loves them! Now she'll do anything to get her treats. I kept a bag on a high shelf, and she got it down, dragged it into the other room, and tore it open!

Tags
food bowl