How did your cat's get their names? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

How did your cat's get their names?

Just wondering how everyone named their cats!

Bam - he came with his name.
I am not sure how he got it,but I kept it cause he responds to it! I don't really like the name,but whatever.

How did your cats get their names?

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 06:48 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

My husband got my cat for me-even though he doesn't really like cats! At the time we had only been married about a year and I wanted a baby soooo bad, but honestly, it just wasn't a good time for us to start a family. So he came home from work with this kitten (he delivered furniture at the time and one of the stops had kittens they were giving away. He took one and she spent the whole day traveling with them in the truck perfectly content!!) So I couldn't think of a name. Then Todd said she would have to be my baby for a while. So "Baby" stuck with her!!!

Mandy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Happily owned by:
Baby--female calico kitty
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Mr. Squeakers--male guinea pig
Phineas--male guinea pig

RIP Patches. You were the sweetest hamster I've ever known. There will never be another like you.

RIP sweet little Bugsy. We didn't know you long, but we loved more than you could have known. Sleep sweet little one.

RIP little Sammy. Thanks for 2 and a half wonderful years! You had a long happy life and we miss you more than you know. Play hard, sweetie...

post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 06:58 PM
Aspires to Stupidity

China - He always had little squinty eyes when he was a baby. Reminded me of Chinese, lol.

Hyrum aka:Fatty - A friend of my husbands named his cat Hyrum, but spelled different of something, I don't really remember. Anyway, I liked it, lol. We mainly call him Fatty though....cuz....well....he's fat, lol. I love his squishiness!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 09:29 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

Frahnz came with is name...my daughter loved that it was just so random, not many Frahnz's out there lol so she decided to keep it for him

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 10:12 PM
Herp Nerd

Odie got his name because he was a cat, so we wanted to give him a dog's name to give him a complex. Nemesis go this name, because he's Odie's nemesis. Fudge got his name because of the deposit he left in the crate from the shelter ride home. Frog got her name because I was out in a swamp looking for frogs, and found a cat.

She sits in her corner, singing herself to sleep.
Wrapped in all of the promises, that no one seems to keep.
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 11:46 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Lucy got his name from the I love lucy show, and at the time my mom loved that show and the vet said he was a girl, he turned out to be a he but he knew his name was lucy and it kind of changed to lucifer most of the time

His full name is Lucy Poofster and has a lot of nick names, including lucifer, poofster, Loopoo, Poo, lulu and lu

Butters got his name because he is orange and when he was a kitten my sister baby sat him and called him butters off of south park and mom thought it was cute, she asked about what butters was like off of south park and we said he was always picked on and it kind of fit cause he attacks lucy and if lucy bites him or hisses at him butters screams like a girl.

[/CENTER]

post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 04:55 PM

I wanted a black cat for a while, and named him Smoke in advance. After I got him home, I learned his name wasn't Smoke, it's Mokie Moke. Don't know why, it just is. Sometimes animals are just supposed to be named something and there's nothing you can do about it.
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 12:58 AM
Betta Bomb

Illusion was named by my sister-he's technically her cat- i think because of some song that was stuck in her head when she was naming him?? I think.. But i call him "stupid" if he's picking on my bunnies and in general everyone calls him "moosh" and "looshin".

Mama was a pregger cat we found on the street and at first we were calling her Snickers which i was really fond of but it didnt suit her and we began calling her Mama since she was rearing her babies in my bedroom at the time.Now we just call her Mama-i sing her Bob Dylan's song "tough mama" all the time for being a street cat
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

I helped name Illusion!
Me and Sandra were being foolish,saying things like "lets name him ketchup or doorknob"...then I was like "how bout' Illusion" - thinking of the "Halls of Illusions" song by ICP.And Sandra was like "thats a good name!" and it stuck!

I dunno how we started calling him "Moosh"...

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 02:52 PM

Sprout was very tiny when we got her, and someone said "oooh, you're just a little sprout". So that stuck. Now she's 12 pounds of pudginess.

Goblin got her name after getting her ears cleaned by the vet (she and Sprout had very bad ear mites when I adopted them); her poor little head and ears were all wet and her ears were sticking up and looked so big. She just looked like...a little Goblin, lol.
post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 09:43 PM
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

Kilala is a name I got from a fave anime called inuyasha, it was a demon cat!!
Asia ... well because of my love of Asia, pus it is a pretty name!!

// k a t ((d)) 猫ちゃん ☆~(ゝ。∂)
私は武井靖巣あなたをして

post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Salamander Buffalokisser

Kramer is well named after Kramer in Seinfeld. When my mom brother and I brought him home we had no idea what we were going to call him, nothing fit. So for the first 24 hours he was known as kitty. But when we let him out of the carrier when we brought him home he layed on his side and used his claws to pull himself across the carpet we thought it was funny. the next morning mom and I were tossing names back and forth and he did it again so I looked at her and said how bout Kramer? cause he acts like Kramer from Seinfeld. Mom loved the idea so it stuck.

I have no Idea how my moms cat Alex got her name I wasn't there for the naming of her. Data got his name for two reasons, 1. when he was a kitten he loved to be in your arms while you were on the computer and 2. Any time Data from Star Trek was on the tv, Data would jump up onto the tv stand.

Stephanie
Be who you are and say what you feel
Because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind

check out my blog:

post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 01:11 PM
Fluffy Chimphead

fIt took us a few daysto name Tigger since we couldn't think of any original names. We decided on Tigger since she would be standing beside us and then all of a sudden jump about 2 or 3 feet in to the air, so we decided on Tigger. Sox got her name since it looks like she is wearing little toe socks. Button was another one it took us a while to come up with a name. then my best friend came over and was poking one of her markings and she would cuu every time he did it so he said how about button. The name stuck. Yeah i know the names aren't that original but hey at least they suit them and their oersonalities or did when they were kittens

Mum to 1 sweet angel Skyla
and 3 little Furry monsters Tigger (Wiggers)
, Soxy Butt (toxic)
and Button (Butt Head)
post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 03:00 PM
Hello Earthling

My foster kittens get stuck with what ever name I give them.

Usually I have the name pre picked and the little kitten that looks most like that name, the other ones usually get whatever name that pops into my head when I see them.

So far kittens have been called:
Sumaii
Kaede
Oreo
Gingivitis
Lloyd
Wallas
Sameice (Sam)
And Mucca

post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 02:46 PM

Ava got her name cause I've always just really liked the name and I told myself that I would name my first baby girl that, and she is my first. George is my boyfriends cat, and I think he got the name from being so curious, like Curious George.

Tags
cat names