How Many Different Cat Breeds are There? - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinchilla_Girl
Do you still need Devon Rex pics? My cousin has two, I'm sure I can get her to send me some pics of her kitties. I know they are pure bred because she got them from a show breeder along with pedigrees.
Also, for the dog listings, I can send American Pitbull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Boxer, Miniature Pinchers (both red and black/tan), Golden Retrievers, and anything else I can dig up. All would be pics of friends dogs
i would love a devon rex picture! heck, i'd love a few pictures! thanks a bunch for offering and never be afraid to oversubmit pictures of any and all breeds. i'll post a link to the dog picture form later today for youre doggie pics. thanks again for the support!

amber
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy
I will try to get a few pics of my manx sometime today (I think there is a few on the other computer)
thanks so much sassy! i just can't wait to see your manx, and appreciate your help in the profile section.

amber
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 02:31 PM

I've already started working on a few of the dog profiles. Of course I started with the ones I know best. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 05:11 PM

OK, Amber. I will get started on that today then, I think, since there's not much going on here. If you wouldn't mind setting up the forms on your site and having the stuff forwarded to me, that'd be great.

Chrisanne, I assume one of the breeds you're doing is the Newfie. What else, though? So I don't needlessly re-do them.
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 05:51 PM

I started with the Newfie, Shepard, Lab, and such already. I told Jade i'd do as many as I could when she asked me if I would like to do some. I would ask her which she would like you to do.

I already have a list of AKC registerable breeds, and have begun research on many.

Last edited by Chrisanne; 07-25-2004 at 06:05 PM.
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 06:20 PM

Sounds like I'm not really needed afterall.
post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 06:51 PM

ummmmmmm no way girl. You're beyond needed. There are hundreds of breeds. It doesn't really seem so, until you look at it in print. I'm sure there's enough to go around, its just a matter of how Jade wants it done.
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

thanks to both of you (chrisanne and roz) for volunteering a helping hand! i'm sure that with two of you on the job you'll still have your work cut out for you, but this will be much better than 1 person on the job. just make sure that all profiles are original works, not reprints or paraphrases of other people's profiles, and that all pictures posted have been submitted through the dog picture permission form i will be setting up for you guys tonight. i'll also set up a form for people to submit breed info that will help your research. this will keep paw-talk out of a copyright suit, and will allow everyone to pitch in. i'll send a pm to both of you tonight listing the url for the dog picture form. just e-mail me both of your e-mail addresses so i can have the forms sent directly to both of you and jade.

i can handle the cats, but dogs just aren't my specialty (even though i love pugs, so save that one for me if possible!) so i'm glad to hear that the profiles are being written by two dog lovers. what categories are you including in your profiles? mine are listed above in the sample abyssinian profile. are you going to have the same info cuz i think the questions are pretty universal to both breeds? it's up to you, though, but please let me know what questions you will be answering so i can include them in the breed info form.

thanks a bunch for the helping hands!
amber

ps- oh, yeah. i need a full list of all of the dog breeds currently out in breeding circulation (recognized or unrecognized), along with a list of dog registries (i know of akc, but are there others?). i will include those choices on the forms for easier access. can you post a list here for me or e-mail it to me at [email protected]? thanks!
post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisanne
ummmmmmm no way girl. You're beyond needed. There are hundreds of breeds. It doesn't really seem so, until you look at it in print. I'm sure there's enough to go around, its just a matter of how Jade wants it done.
Oh ok, I will contact Jade then.
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareBreedExotic
ps- oh, yeah. i need a full list of all of the dog breeds currently out in breeding circulation (recognized or unrecognized), along with a list of dog registries (i know of akc, but are there others?).
Click here for a thread about kennel clubs. I doubt it's complete but it should help answer your question on dog registries/kennel clubs
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roz
Click here for a thread about kennel clubs. I doubt it's complete but it should help answer your question on dog registries/kennel clubs
thanks roz! i'll put those breeds on the form and add a response section for people to type in "other" and then specify their breed.
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 11:22 PM

You're welcome, Amber BTW, don't you mean registries/kennel clubs instead of breeds?
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roz
OK, Amber. I will get started on that today then, I think, since there's not much going on here. If you wouldn't mind setting up the forms on your site and having the stuff forwarded to me, that'd be great.

Chrisanne, I assume one of the breeds you're doing is the Newfie. What else, though? So I don't needlessly re-do them.
hey roz!
the forms are up and running, so here's the link:

www.rare-breed-cattery.com/form_list.htm

also, pm me your e-mail address so i can get the forms forwarded directly to you and chrisanne (she e-mailed me her e-mai laddress just now).

amber

Last edited by RareBreedExotic; 07-26-2004 at 01:02 AM.
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 01:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roz
You're welcome, Amber BTW, don't you mean registries/kennel clubs instead of breeds?
for some reason i thought you were directing me to a breed list. duh? your list of registries was VERY helpful and i have added it to the form.

amber
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 04:03 AM

I'm glad it was helpful, Amber. I started that thread in hopes of creating a very thorough list of the registries/kennel clubs and their abbrevs...

Sending e-mail addy to you now...

Tags
australian cattle dog, australian shepherd, bull terrier, cattle dog, cavalier king charles, cavalier king charles spaniel, cocker spaniel, german shepherd, golden retriever, kennel club, king charles spaniel, labrador retriever, maine coon, pure bred, turkish angora