How Many Different Cat Breeds are There? - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 04:32 PM
Newborn Pup

Here's a couple of Ruddy Aby photos. There's more at Mango's website although they aren't beauty shots... more like "life with an Aby or two".

It's Mango Madness!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mango in the Sun 1.jpg (28.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Mango in the Sun 2.jpg (35.2 KB, 0 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

bump...
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 06:21 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Breeds I found in my cat breed book that weren't on the list:

- Ceylon
- German Rex
- Sokoke (African Shorthair)
- York Chocolate
- Russian White ( History )

― Rowan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I've been frosted!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-02-2004, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pihlaja
Breeds I found in my cat breed book that weren't on the list:

- Ceylon
- German Rex
- Sokoke (African Shorthair)
- York Chocolate
- Russian White ( History )
thanks for adding to the list! i'll make sure to include them in our profiles section and appreciate you taking the time to help.
Amber
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-02-2004, 02:03 PM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

You're welcome. If I find anymore, I'll be sure to add them here, too.

And if you need help finding information, just say so and I'll do my best to help search with you.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-02-2004, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pihlaja
You're welcome. If I find anymore, I'll be sure to add them here, too.

And if you need help finding information, just say so and I'll do my best to help search with you.
i'm always open to new info! in fact, i would LOVE for your help. here is a link to the form where you can submit breed specific info:

http://www.rare-breed-cattery.com/form_list.htm

just click on "Cat Breed Profile" and submit away!

thanks!
amber
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-02-2004, 06:26 PM
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

How to know the breed of the cat?

Hey I have a tabby, I hav e h eard that that is a breed, and I have also heard that that is a color, which one is she? I don't have a way of posting her pic. But She's what I call a tan tabby or spotted tabby? HELP Lol I have been wondering for 14 yrs this mo nth what breed she is
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-02-2004, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli
Hey I have a tabby, I hav e h eard that that is a breed, and I have also heard that that is a color, which one is she? I don't have a way of posting her pic. But She's what I call a tan tabby or spotted tabby? HELP Lol I have been wondering for 14 yrs this mo nth what breed she is
hello!
tabby is definitely a color, and not a breed. what tabby means is this: if you look at your cat, you should see one of two things. either a striped pattern like a zebra (this is a mackeral tabby coloring) or stripes that form a bullseye on the sides of the cat (this is called classic tabby). if neither of these terms fit, you may indeed have a spotted tabby. this is an entirely different thing, and rather than confuse you with my explanation of this pattern, spotted tabbies are classified by CFA as as follows:

SPOTTED TABBY PATTERN: markings on the body to be dense, clearly defined and distinctly spotted. Spots may vary in size or shape. Body spots may subtly suggest a mackerel or classic pattern but may not be connected and preference given to spots in a random pattern. A dorsal stripe may run down the length of the body to the tip of the tail. Preference given to a dorsal stripe composed of spots with alternating horizontal "brush strokes." Tail may be barred with preference given to spots. There is an intricate tabby "M" on the forehead, with markings extending over the head between the ears and breaking into spots on the lower neck and shoulders. An unbroken line runs back from the outer corner of the eye. Swirls on cheeks. Spots are scattered along the front shoulders and hind quarters extending as far as possible down the legs with broken bracelets further down on the lower legs and broken necklaces at the throat, the more broken the better. Buttons on belly desirable.

hope this helps!
amber

ps-if your cat is not papered, then you would have to research the different breeds and see which one your kitty comes the closest too. Obviously, you could not call your kitty by the purebred name, but you could call her a purebred mix such as persian mix or burmese mix. your vet could also label her for you and identify which breed she comes the closest to.

Tags
australian cattle dog, australian shepherd, bull terrier, cattle dog, cavalier king charles, cavalier king charles spaniel, cocker spaniel, german shepherd, golden retriever, kennel club, king charles spaniel, labrador retriever, maine coon, pure bred, turkish angora