How to stop a kitty - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Headlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebody View Post
I am replying, just in case someone might see this thread and take the troll seriously.

Spaying prevents pregnancy, uterine cancer and the deadly infection of the uterus called pyometra. Spaying also reduces the risk of the cat developing breast cancer.

Spaying also eliminates the kind of litter box avoidance this poster claims to have been having a problem with.

Vaccinations of course are given at the VET.

If you actually have thrown an unspayed unvaccinated previously indoor only cat outside, she probably won't live long, unless someone rescues her and takes her in. Her risk of contracting a communicable disease is very high, not to mention she will not know how to defend herself against predators, cars or evil people. She may already have a pyometra, it's possibly why she was avoiding the litter boxes, because she was sick, in which case her death will be very painful. and she will suffer greatly. If she manages to get pregnant rather than killed, her risk of dying during the labor is high, and of course the kittens probably won't live either.

Firstly I'm not a troll get your facts straights second I'll get her spayed when people get fixed!! Less people less overpopulated animals!!! And for the last flipping time she isn't sick!. This is why I don't use this forum anymore people here are extremely rude just becuase someone god forbidd does something different!!

No don't get yourself in situations,
Darling, that you can't handle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 06:57 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Panda, people are going to be offensive when you tell them that your solution to a cat that's eliminating outside the litter box was to put her outside. No one's ragging on you for doing something "different", they're ragging on you because you put an indoor kitty outside just because she wasn't eliminating in her litter box. All anyone here was trying to do was help. Litter box avoidance is I believe the TOP reason people get rid of their cats.

When our cats weren't using the litter boxes I got frustrated, but I didn't put them outside. I evaluated and did a couple test trials of why they weren't using the boxes. Turns out I hadn't been keeping them clean enough because I was juggling taking care of them and taking care of my few months old son, and they were coming in second next to him.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Headlock

she so much happier outside where kitties belong 020.jpg

No don't get yourself in situations,
Darling, that you can't handle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 06:31 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Is she indoor-outdoor? Or just outdoor?
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 02:09 PM
Betta Bomb

Just ignorance. While I don't abhor letting cats outdoors it is terribly unsafe for an unspayed female to be out wandering around alone. I don't have my cat vaccinated so I cannot preach about it, but I would suggest having her vaccinated if you're letting nature take care of her. As for your excruciatingly rude comment about Less people overpopulated animals!! You are sadly part of the problem of overpopulation. It's totally redundant to puch your responsibility on a growing human population. I agree there are a couple billion too many people on this earth (nobody in particular, just numbers- not enough food or living space for this 7 billion humans) but the problem will not diminish what with advancing science, longer life expectancy and better living conditions. It's up to each and every pet owner to be responsible for what they care for. your cat is not mine, nor anybody else's problem. YOU have to have her looked at by a vet. I seriously hope you come to realise this. What a sad and sheltered person you must be Just be open minded. WHY don't you believe in spaying your cat?
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 08:34 PM
Playful Pup

I know I am really late on this post, but how can you honestly believe that your cat will be better off outside? And just a proven fact PEOPLE DO GET "FIXED"! That's what a vasectomy and getting your tubes tied. There are many things you can do to help a cat use the litter box...and one is to get them fixed. I do have one indoor-outdoor cat so I am not trying to sound like a hypocrite, but my cat came to us as an outdoor stray who we had to slowly work towards becoming an "indoor" cat. Its honestly not a place for cats to be. One of the strays we tried to take in was killed by a dog, because he wandered into the wrong area. How is that right? is that what you think your cats wants? I just don't understand. Yet again I am not trying to be rude at all, I am just trying to point out the obvious and try to really understand your thoughts.

If you did not want her, why didn't you take the effort to find her a new home?

My animals are my babies:
Cats: Abegale, Figaro, Chud and Adalynn
Ferrets: Panda & Fox
Mice: Nakotah, Raina and Esme (all white)
Rats: Ava (white&gray) and Isabel *new addition* Opal and Zuri (part siamese)
My Parents Cats (I love them like they are my own): Cutie, Grey, Precious, Milo, Belindo (aka Billy), Oreo, Pepper, Koda and Fluffers

Rest in Peace all my babies I miss you dearly:
Mice: Sable (March 2013), Piper (March 2012), Kayleigh (Dec 31, 2011), Eleanor, Analeghsia, Chloe and Zoey.
My Kitties I grew up with: Babs, Gonzo. Moon and Angel
My kitties who never came back home: Peach and Buster
I miss you all, you will forever hold a place in my Heart <3
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Playful Pup

Looking at her picture, are her eyes like that due to the sun being in her face, or does she have a disability. I am just asking for her safety. i doubt you will read this but it was worth a shot i guess.

My Parents Cats (I love them like they are my own): Cutie, Grey, Precious, Milo, Belindo (aka Billy), Oreo, Pepper, Koda and Fluffers

Mice: Sable (March 2013), Piper (March 2012), Kayleigh (Dec 31, 2011), Eleanor, Analeghsia, Chloe and Zoey.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Playful Pup

also not fixing her and allowing her to go through multiple pregnancies can shorten her life span by many many years.

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 10:35 AM
Newborn Pup

I always spay and neuter my cats as it prevents them from wandering from home and it cuts down on pregnancy and medical issues that may appear as they get older.

I recommend getting your male and female cats fixed as it cuts down on over population of unwanted kittens and cats.

PLEASE DO THE RIGHT THING AND THINK OF THE CAT.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Misty is my Girl and I love her,

Anne
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.