Hyperactive thyroid question - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

Hyperactive thyroid question

My 12 year old cat was recently diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. He is taking 1/2 mg tapazole once a day. He was retested 2 weeks ago, all of his blood-work came back within normal range. Although he is drinking less water than before, he is still drinking more than the other two cats. My vet said not to worry since the blood-work was normal, but I have a tendency to be overprotective. I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 11:14 PM
can't think of one, help

He will and will probably lose weight too. I had a kitty who lived quite some time on tapazol about 4-5 yrs if I remember right. She was up to 1 pill twice a day. But shortly before her 19th birthday the time had come. Sounds like your vet has good advice just keep on top of the testing and you should be okay.

Vicki

Rainbow, Abbles, Carmy, Kissy, Peaches, Cream, (kitties) and Littlebunny boy (elder bunny)

the pic is the last one of my meecee kitty (5/9/89 - 1/9/08)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-26-2009, 02:33 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

I had a cat who I thought had a thyriod problem, but apparently"she didn't". Anyway. she still ate more food then my other cats but weighed only 5 pounds.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 04:50 PM

You should try Resthryo for your cat's hypothyroidism. My neighbor would give her cat a dose of that each day and he was so much better! It contains seven different herbal extracts that are supposed to balance a cat's thryoid functions as well as improving digestion.

Last edited by Jade; 04-29-2009 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Removing web address. Please see our SPAM policy in the FAQ. Please also see the sticky in Forum Info RE: medical advice.

Tags
feline hyperthyroid