I am right arent i - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 09:14 PM
Adolescent Pup

I'm not sure if this attitude is aimed at me or not but it was right below my post.

You are correct this is a forum where people have different opinions. Everyone has the right to their opinion and it should be respected. Respect doesn't = agree. No reason to get upset and act immature because someone disagrees. Why even ask a question if you only want to hear opinions that agree. Not everyone will think you are right. Secondly while there are personal opinions, there are facts too. Which are either right or wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaB View Post
I didnt say she was a tabby that is what i was told thank you.
Since you seem to have forgotten. Here is your quotes, your welcome.

Quote:
I recently got a new cat named nermal(we changed her name to diamond) we just got her two days ago. The lady we got her from says she is not siamese but her mom was a calico and her dad was a orange tabby. If i can remember calico is not a breed but a color. tabbies are a breed as i do see it in her coat.
Both are colors. Neither are a breed. It is not an opinion.

If a cat has the tabby markings, then they are a tabby. If not then they are another color without that pattern.

That is why I used the brindle comparison, I've seen people say their dog is "half brindle" but this is not a breed. The parent might have been brindle, but the dog is the color which they express.

Quote:
I am only thinking that she is a siamese tabby(well i know she is tabby) but this chick said she was a calico(if im correct which i know i am calico is not a breed but a color) so i am sure she has lied about a couple of things so i will never really know what she has in her because of her.
You are correct there. Although whether or not it is a breed is so relevant to the issue of the mom being a calico. If I say of a fawn colored dog the mom was brindle and the dad was blue, those are not breeds, only colors as in this case, but it is still a true statement of the parents colors. Calico is not a breed, a dam of a cat can still be calico. Two different color cat parents can produce offspring which are different in color from either of them. I'm not saying this lady isn't a liar, or maybe she doesn't even know, but it is possible she was telling the truth. Anytime you are looking at a non dominant color gene it is possible for animals of another color to carry this and pass it to their offspring.

I don't know if the cat has Siamese or not. I'm not agreeing nor disagreeing with that.

I had a cat which looked like this not Siamese mix, but same color as this with long fur. I've had a couple calicos (one long coat) and many tabbies (probably what I've had most of). The majority of my cats have been mixes of unknown lineage.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Check Them Out

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 09:15 PM
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaRat View Post
The style of Siamese I think you are talking about is called "old style Siamese",while others are talking about the standard for the sleek Siamese.The "old style" is not as sleek looking.

http://www.cfainc.org/breeds/profiles/siamese.html
http://www.breedlist.com/siamese-breeders.html
http://www.freewebs.com/ossiamese/
Very probable, the type bred decades ago. Now most breeders bred for extreme pointy face, sleek look and narrow head. It is their trademark.

Check Them Out

post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 07:31 AM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicy_Bulldog View Post
Very probable, the type bred decades ago. Now most breeders bred for extreme pointy face, sleek look and narrow head. It is their trademark.
Oh...I have seen the "old" style around here more then the sleek ones.But I think the sleeker ones look better.
I seen a Tonkinese at the vet once and he was beautiful...also a very sleek cat.But that is another topic.
I admit I do not know a whole lot about these oriental breeds.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *

Last edited by VanillaRat; 09-17-2009 at 07:34 AM.

Tags
cats, colors