Photos! I bought the FURminator - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
Aspires to Stupidity

I bought the FURminator

I decided to buy the FURminator the last time I was at the vet clinic and I tried it on Hyrum yesterday. Well I must say....that brush is awesome!! I tried to use it on China, but he hates being brushed so I didn't get much hair 'cuz I didn't brush him for very long. Hyrum loves being brushed though so I brushed for like 20 minutes and here's how much fur I got.

I thought it was never going to end and I thought Hyrum was going to be bald by the time I was done, lol. I can't notice a difference in the way his fur looks, but I sure can tell when I pet him. I no longer have a handful of fur anymore, lol.

Does anyone else have this brush for their dog(s) or cat(s)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 04:04 AM
Dinky Corsetkisser

We want one, we almost got one at out local craft fair, but it was just to much at the time...lol after seeing your results I want one even worse now lol

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 04:09 AM Thread Starter
Aspires to Stupidity

Yeah, they are a bit pricey. I paid $60 for mine, but it's so worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 07:47 AM
Hello Earthling

I have one, actually the same one as you (yellow) and it works wonders, you think the hair will never stop.

I brushed a GSD with it one day and the hair just kept coming,same with Kibbles,Kiwi not some much.

The only think people have to be careful about is brushing gently because alot of dogs (and cats) get hurt if its not done right.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator

I have one - I use it on Barnaby. I have to brush him at least every other day with it because of his long fur, and he was having problems with swallowing too much of his own hair (which is bad for bunnies, because they can't throw up and can get impactions from all the hair).

It definatly gets more of the hair off then a normal brush does. You have to be really gentle with it though. I don't know about with cats or dogs, but I've heard of people accidently hurting their rabbits with it by brushing to hard or causing bald spots by over brushing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 11:57 AM
RAT ADDICT

Hahahaha! That put a smile on my face!
I can see thats a really good brush now! The fur ball is almost bigger then your cat!

I may have to invest in one...
I have a couple grooming brushes right now,but they don't do THAT good of a job.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Aspires to Stupidity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Rat View Post
Hahahaha! That put a smile on my face!
I can see thats a really good brush now! The fur ball is almost bigger then your cat!
Lol, I know and it goes flying as you brush too. I had to go gather it all up, lol.

I've always had a problem with Hyrum's fur, he sheds so much. This brush works great though, he doesn't shed nearly as much. I've never had a brush that works this good.

Yes, you do have to be careful that you don't brush too hard. I had a lesson from the vet before I bought it, lol.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 03:37 PM

Those are great brushes! Yeah, the vet actually gives you a lesson before you get the brush, because, you can actually "cut" you pet if you comb too hard. EEEK. For those interested, if you have a Petco, and take the time to fill out their free membership cards that they have, I found out (after I spent $60 at the vet. LOL) that you can get the exact same brush there for half of the price with their card discount at times. Check it out. Even without the card, it is less than at the vets and it is the exact same brush!

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator

Thats good that the vets show you how to use it, I didn't know that. I just got mine on Ebay. I don't really remember how much it was, but it definatly wasn't $60. I think I paid around half that, including shipping.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008, 04:25 PM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

I'll have to get that for crunchy...he pukes up hairballs all the time. My brother usually gets him shaved but he hasn't in awhile (I have no clue why he wants him shaved...lol...maybe because it looks funny) I'll maybe have to invest on one, or tell my brother to.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 04:04 PM
Part of the Pack

I have one and it's the best brush ever.I can't believe how much hair I get off my cats.They are a bit pricey.I payed like 40 for mine.But it was worth every penny.

Mom to:
Zippy

Pumpkin

Zoey

Co-owner to:Sweet P.
and Piglet

Rest in Peace Liberty
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 09:26 PM
Adolescent Pup

whoaw.. is that really his fur??? interesting huh...

|

Tags
brush, deshedding brush, furminator