I can't believe this is happening AGAIN! FLEAS! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 02:15 AM Thread Starter
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

I can't believe this is happening AGAIN! FLEAS!

Okay after screaming at my brother all winter about not letting the cat out and to get some revolution I am now living with fleas...AGAIN.

As most of you know my house got hit pretty hard because of my idiot brother not giving a crap about his cat and letting him get infested with fleas. My dad went out and spent over $100 to buy flea bombs and Frontline (that didn't work by the way) to try to help out the situation. The house was so freaking infested that even after bombing it 3 times there were still fleas. I actually moved out because I am so allergic I couldn't take it anymore. I seriously thought I was going to have to go to the hospital to get something to clear the things up. Or if they had nothing to give me I was going to beg for some valium just to take the edge off...lol
Anyway I woke up with a bite, no big deal, I was outside the night before so I just figured it was a mosquito bite. I woke up the next morning with a bite on my toe. Then I woke up the morning after that with a bite on the top of my foot. Of course they all blistered and I accidently popped the one on the top of my foot....
I was sitting here a minute ago watching the cat scratch himself non stop and I just can't deal with it anymore. I myself am itching like crazy because it feels like they are crawling all over me.

I hope my dad has good insurance because I really feel like burning down the house to get rid of them. I told my dad I CAN'T deal with it this year. Seriously for me getting flea bites like that is like rolling around in poison non stop...its so hard to get rid of fleas so it's non stop. Last year I even had to buy a new vacuum because no one would help me fix our old one. I guess I have to start running around the house like a madwoman with the vacuum in my hand.

*Missy*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 03:53 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

aw i'm sorry, maybe you will have to get pest control to do something, and kill your bro

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 04:51 AM
Will It Ever Change?

aww phooey man i hate fleas too. what about getting some really good flea shampoo and doing the animals once a week?

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

Shampooing them doesn't work too great because the eggs can fall of their fur then hatch in the carpets and stuff. Really all I can do is put treatment on the cat then vacuum the house like crazy. My brother said that he wants to get the cat groomed so maybe while the cat is at the groomers I'll bomb the house then when he gets home I'll put revolution on him.

*Missy*
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 09:17 PM
can't think of one, help

what about advantage, also you have to change the vacuum cleaner bag every time you vacuum, make sure you take the old bag outdoors to throw it away, just in case any fleas escape
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

yea it's just a PITA...I bought a bagless last year for that very reason.

Revolution is a lot cheaper then advantage or frontline so I want to get that. I used it on the rats for lice and have had very good results.

*Missy*
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 10:40 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

good luck

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

Aww I'm sorry, fleas stink! When I had a cat she got fleas one summer even thougth she was an indoor cat. We tried everything to get rid of them, we shampooed the rugs, bathed the cat, bombed the house, my mom vacuumed like 12 times a day, we tried all that cheap flea stuff from the food store, and we still had fleas!

Finally we talked to the vet who sold us advantage and it worked like a charm! I wish we had done that in the first place instead of wasting all our money on the other stuff.

But anyways, I hope you find something that works soon and don't have to deal with the icky fleas for much longer!

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 07:55 PM
Salamander Buffalokisser

man that stinks, I have never had to deal with fleas, I don't think they can survive up here I have never seen them or ticks up here so who knows. Hope you get the probelem solved soon

Stephanie
Be who you are and say what you feel
Because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind

check out my blog: