I can't get my cat to stop playing with water!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-2003, 12:54 AM
cheetahcapri

Post I can't get my cat to stop playing with water!!

My kitten Calvin will not stop playing in water. He has to be in it when I am brushing my teeth, taking a shower, watering the plants, doing the dishes. He ends up soaked and getting water all over the place. The more we say no or try to make him not like water...he want's to play more. Do you know how hard it is to take a shower with a cat trying to catch the water as it falls off you?

We have a cat door on the bathroom door, so the cats can get in and out to eat, but the dogs wont go in there and eat the food or litter, so I can't even shut them out of the room.

Does anyone else think a cat loving water is really odd?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-2003, 01:55 AM

awww adorable picture! My cat baby girl loves water! My cat Smitty who passed away not so long ago loved water too, and once fell in the tub. My kitty Smeagol loves whatever baby Girl loves so he thinks water is okay! Cats are so silly sometimes.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-2003, 02:06 AM

AWWW, how could you be upset at that adorable kitty!!! I think that is just too cute that those guys like water!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-2003, 07:47 PM

I don't know if it's odd but my cat Dunkin loves water too!. The person i got him from said Dunkins mother would go into the pond after ducks! Dunkin is always on top the bird baths and around the little pools I put out in summer. Every time I turn on the faucet he runs to it and starts paying with it. One time I found him leaning half into the baby pool with his front legs up to shoulders in water just batting around having a jolly good time.He's like almost 3 now and still loves it.
I laughed when i saw your kitty looks just like mine.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-2003, 11:05 PM

I love the markings on your cat LindaLee.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-04-2003, 12:48 AM
cheetahcapri

Talking Great it's not just me

I am really happy to know that Calvin isn't the only one! And I love your cat Dunkin, he does look just like mine! And the markings on his side looks like an upside down heart. Well if it's normal I guess I won't worry...the little odd ball!!

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-08-2003, 11:27 PM
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

Must be the orange ... My best friend has "Buddah Belly" who looks very much like both of yours, and they can not, under any circumstances, close their bathroom door. He sits at the end of the tub while they shower, playing with the water. He has to watch the toilet flush, drinks from the faucet ... etc. etc.

Lizzie likes to lay on the edge of the tub and pat the water with her paw, while soaking her tail Of course, when she gets down and whips that tail, she soaks everything. She also doesn't mind getting a bath. I think she thinks she's a doggie.

Sharon
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 12:08 AM
CCinAL

My Siamese loves water too! And I thought cats hated it.

What beautiful cats you two have!

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 01:02 AM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

Dunkin is a beautiful American Short Hair. They always have such good personalities.

If my sister saw the picture of Calvin she would say "Cat asleep on its brain, it's time for rain." Funny how that would usually work out too!!!

One of my cats came in the house wet from mid-back down; I think his hindquarters went into the pool but he managed to save his front end! Only happened once, but I'd love to have seen it. He does drink out of the pool pretty often.

The cat I lost last summer would always "clear" the top of the water before drinking. He'd take his paw and run it back and forth across the water a few times before he'd take a drink. He was a barn cat, so we assumed that he learned that activity from his Mom before we got him.

Cats are like any other animal and a lot of people. Just as soon as you say "never" you'll find one that does! Enjoy the individuality of your little critter. There aren't too many like him.

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-14-2003, 01:29 AM
HyperAngel

My cats have liked water. Our cat, Sparky, thinks the toilet is the most amazing thing on earth and stares into it whenever he gets the chance. An old cat of ours, Akita, used to sit on the corner of he tub when people were showering or perch on top of the shower doors. That sure killed privacy in the shower. See ya!

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-14-2003, 02:05 AM
AntherStatistic

I wish Prince liked the water you even turn on the tap and she flees in terror. The few times I have had to bathe her she is pitiful once she is totally wet she stops trying to get away and just stands there yowling at the top of her lungs like it's torture! and she's so tiny she looks like a drowned rat... I'll have to take a picture next time she gets herself filthy eating spiders in the basement.. loony cat...

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-14-2003, 09:32 AM

Shadow is at times fascinated with the toilet. Especially right after I scoop her potty. She hates water itself though. One drop of water is just to much for her to handle.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-14-2003, 09:29 PM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

When Erin was really getting into fish and we would lose one all the cats would rush to the toilet to watch the "burial at sea". Seems like they always knew the right time to come watch!

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."