I dont know what to do - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
I'm A Blonde At Heart

Unhappy I dont know what to do

So on the weekend of the 10th im going to be going to Colorado. And i cant back out now. My cousin is getting married and my dad already bought my plane ticket, and since its family and my family is very family orintated i HAVE to go! i dont even know her. Well now i dont what to do with my cat. My friend said she would take her in. The same people who gave her to me but they now have 2 cats and one of the cats just had kittens. So there is goign to be 7 to 9 cat with Trinity. I dont want my cat to get sick. I just dont know what to do. im going to be gone for 6 days. I cant afford to take her to a kennel my parents wont pay and i dont have a job to pay for it at the moment.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Trickiesmurf; 08-20-2005 at 09:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 12:05 AM

Is there any other friends you can ask? Or even any more members of the family near by?

I can understand why you would be worried about your cat being around that many cats...because its going to be hard enough for her already without all that to cope with too.

But then you also have the dilema that she has to stay somewhere and can not stay home alone. Have you tried a pet sitter? sometimes they are cheeper than kennels and they come and visit your cat at home daily.

Apart from those above I really don't have any ideas...apart from getting a loan so you can put her in the kennels. But I know that probably isn't an answer or even possible. I really wish I could help more...and if I lived near by I would help.

I hope you find some way around this soon

Eva x
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 12:11 AM Thread Starter
I'm A Blonde At Heart

I am going to ask my best friend if she can come over to my parents house and spend time with her. She and her boyfriend would take her in a heart beat but his cat doesnt really get along with cats very well and i dont want to risk that either. My aunt who is the only person who woudl take her is allergic to cats. My ex woudl take her but his father and brother are deathly allergic to cats. you would think that they would die. we'll see what happens.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 07:37 AM

What about if your best friend who could take her in, took her in and then just limited her to different parts of the house? away from her cat. And then put all your cats things near by her. We have done something simular. We took our cats (when we only had 2) to my parents house and they stayed in our room for a few days and they had everything they needed and they didn't mind. And then when we were around we would let them around the house to explore and keep an eye on them. Because it was a new place to they felt more comfortable this way.

Just a suggestion though, it just means then they could spend more time with her.

Wish i could help more, hope you do manage to sort out something

Eva x
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 09:36 AM
Aspires to Change Oil

Good luck find a place for Trinity to stay over. Or maybe a nice neighbor would be willing to come and feed her.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
I'm A Blonde At Heart

I am thinking if we havnt rented out the house that i have been living in for the last 9 months i will ask my neighbor to feed her and stuff i do the same for her cat. She doesnt pay me she just gets me things and i could do that she has a todler and i can go out and buy her clothes or something. I dont think i can let Trinity stay at Lorelei and Adreano's house Crecky their cat is very possesive. He doesnt like other cats and he sleeps with them he gets mad at them if he isnt allowed to. I know she will come over and pet trinity for an hour and clean out the Litter box. I think i might have to talk to her about it. And my mom is just going to have to get over the fact that i have someone in our house (shes a pack rat and doesnt throw anything away so she wont let me invite any one over)

Tags
litter box