I found kittens - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2011, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
Guarded by Waffles

I found kittens

I found four 3-week old kittens. I am hoping I can keep one. Mom says no but she hasn't SEEN them yet. She says the rest can be turned into barn cats, but if that was going ot be the case I would have left them! I took them because momma wasn't around and so they could have a good home and get FIXED to help stop the ever rising "barn cat" epidimic. These little ones wouldn't be fixed and have more kittens which is what I'm tryting to prevent. I have pictures but I'm exhausted from a long 8 hour day and chasing these little ones through the barn attic. I'll post pics later. If anyone is in Texas and would like one I'm in the DFW area. Message me and we can meet. I insist they get fixed and I will NOT ship

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2011, 09:15 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

if they are 3 weeks old you shouldn't have had to chase them and will have to bottle feed. even if you turn them into barn cats you can still get them fixed as well.

[/CENTER]

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2011, 09:34 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I know you ment to do the right thing but if the momma was a barn cat she was probably out hunting for food and thats why she wasnt around. You will have to bottle feed them unfortunatley . weather they will be barn cats or not be prepared to be in for a lot of work of bottle feeding every 2 hours to be exact as well as making them pee and poo. if they are only 3 weeks old they are just learning to walk and arent very fast and are still wobbly.

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous

Last edited by Nibbler; 05-15-2011 at 09:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2011, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Guarded by Waffles

Momma hasn't been there for a while by the looks of things. And they're walking...kind of. The formula I got said every 3-4 hours but I'm going to be listening for their cries.

Nibbler-chase was a bad word. I meant it as I climbed into the barn attic and had to hunt them down.

I have tried the bottle and they flat refuse! I put a small saucer down to see how that went and they started lapping it up. Still figuring out not to dunk their noses in it but they got it for the most part. I keep a close eye on them. I'll keep you posted and get pics up asap. I spent 9 hours cleaning stalls and a six-horse trailer full of bedding and hay and other joys. I'm going to hit the sack lol. I will post pics and keep you updated

Christine
Mommy to:

And the rest:

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 02:20 PM
Betta Bomb

Aw, let us know how it goes. I don't understand how barn cats can't be fixed though?? The street kitty here Eve is spayed ad she still has a high prey/ play drive.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 04:12 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

if they are eating on there own then they are more likley almost 5 weeks

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Guarded by Waffles

idk... check out my fb page. they're still wobbly on their legs. They eat the wet cat food but still prefer formula. When I'm working during the day they'll get the food and at night when I"m home formula. Just want to make sure they have full bellies. One is a runt so I'm giving it extra attention. They follow me (as best they can) when I'm moving

Christine
Mommy to:

And the rest:

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 07:32 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

i just saw the pics yah id say almost 5 weeks there adleast 4 weeks now.

By Anonymous
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 01:59 PM
Zoo Keeper

I wish I was near you I hope you get to keep a kitten

Proud Mommy to-
Cat: Emma
Rats: Apollo, Yuki, Ember, Mei
Hamsters: Kodi, Bear, Koda, Abbi

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Guarded by Waffles

me too "runt" and "loudmouth" are really attached. the "twins" couldn't care less if i was there or not. loudmouth is very vocal and adventuresome. Runt is quiet and has had some hind leg issues but is determined to keep up and his legs are almost normal. they're sleeping on my back atm. well twins and runt are. Loudmouth is trying to play with anything that moves lol

Christine
Mommy to:

And the rest:

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out