I got a new job... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

Talking I got a new job...

I'm volunteering at Mounds a local pet store that has devoted a room to helping homeless cats and kittens from the Humane Society to find forever homes. I can't have any kitties at home due to my neurotic dog and his aversion to cats, but I get to help socialize and care for homeless cats and kittens through this program. I am very excited about it! I'm hoping that I can help a lot of animals this way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 01:27 PM

Awwww... I'm sure you'll have an amazing experience there! Sounds like a great way to help the animal society, you are too kind!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 02:01 PM

Great LMC! Sounds like it fits you perfect!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 02:44 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

That's a great thing! I hope it goes well. I can't wait to get a job helping animals, best wishes!

*Brandy*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 03:17 PM
Miss New Booty

Awwwww how awesome!!!!! I bet you are so excited! What a wonderful place! Congrats girl!

~* Jackie *~

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 05:47 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

congrats!!! that sounds awesome!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 06:51 PM

that sounds wonderful. Congrats
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 10:07 PM

That is great LMC! You are a good person with a big heart for taking on that job. So lucky you'll get to cuddle with lots of kitties. You be sure and take pictures of the darlings & post them here.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-20-2004, 12:16 AM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

That is so great to hear.I hope it all works out well for you there.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-20-2004, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

Talking

I had a very nice morning learning about the cats and the room and getting to cuddle the cats today. I am going back tomorrow for more hands on training. Today it was mostly the walk through describing what my duties will be. I will be loving this. It's going to be rewarding finding homes for these poor creatures until they find a loving permanent home. I am so glad this opportunity came up!
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-20-2004, 10:10 PM

Awwww you got to cuddle cats for a job. Now that's my kind of a job. That is really cool. Do they have the cats listed in that adoptable pet website, which at this very moment I am having a brain fa*t and can't recall what it's called...
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-21-2004, 12:37 PM

That sounds awesome! Congrats!
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-21-2004, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigsterz
Do they have the cats listed in that adoptable pet website, which at this very moment I am having a brain fa*t and can't recall what it's called...
Do you mean Petfinder.com ?
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Yes they have listings in Petfinder.com
They are the Rock County Humane Society it's in Wisconsin
http://www.inwave.com/rchs/
We have a lot of the cats at Mounds right now. To date 21 have been adopted from the site in Mounds since November. I think they are doing sucha great job of caring for these guys. By time they are adopted they have the best outgoing personalities because they are socialized so well by all of the volunteers. I forgot how much I love cats. It is going to be quite a few years until I can adopt one too. That really stinks!
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 11:10 PM

Oh Oh I want Kilroy, and Cheeto, and Ella, and Sassy, and Molly, and Henry, and Bubble Gum...I want them all. Send em over here. Anyone want to donate a house for me? Heehee.

Tags
humane society, local pet store, pet store