I ordered more SoftPaws - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-01-2008, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Aspires to Stupidity

Talking I ordered more SoftPaws

Some of you may remember the thread and poll I made to choose which Soft Paws I should get. Well I ended up getting the yellow/green ones, I think I posted pics...don't remember. Anyway, I ran out a little while ago, but I didn't order any more because we were moving and I wasn't sure what our new address was going to be. Wow am I ever babbling, lol. I just ordered three more packs, I'm so excited.

I ordered the red, black/white and rainbow packs.

Does anyone else here buy these? I love them!

Edit: Found the thread with the pics: http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/f10/h...ore-48118.html

Last edited by Nikko; 09-01-2008 at 09:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator

I didn't notice the pics before, they look cool. I was thinking about trying them on the bunnies, but I sent the company an email asking them what size they would recommend for tiiiiiny bunnies, and they never emailed me back. I doupt I'll get them for Barnaby now, he wasn't really the one I thought they would be helpful on anyways.

I'm going to save the links though, I'll probably try them out eventually.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 11:32 AM

I haven't tried them yet, but I was wondering, how long do they last?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Aspires to Stupidity

It kinda varries. They fall off at different times. The longest that one lasted was almost 2 months and the shortest was 3 weeks. Most of them lasted at least a month. It's not that bad putting new one's on. The first application is the worst though. It takes the longest cuz you have to do all of them and then the cats kinda get tired of being held, lol. Then every so often you just check to see if any have fallen off yet. Most of the time I just have to replace 3-4 at a time. It's a lot easier then.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 10:47 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

they look so cool...I am going to try them on Frahnz...he doesn't scratch up the furniture, but her tears me up lol, and with my health issues all the scratches get infected, so this could be a virtual life saver for me lol...thank you for all the info I will go looking for them tomorrow

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Aspires to Stupidity

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDancer View Post
they look so cool...I am going to try them on Frahnz...he doesn't scratch up the furniture, but her tears me up lol, and with my health issues all the scratches get infected, so this could be a virtual life saver for me lol...thank you for all the info I will go looking for them tomorrow
My cats don't really scratch anything(sometimes they scratch furniture, not very often though), I basically get them cause they're cool, lol.

Did you get any?
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 10:08 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

Ken ordered them yesterday...I told my doctor about them yesterday and she said she was glad I found something because she was going to suggest getting rid of him (not an option) or getting him declawed (not an option) so this will be great I also love the way they look on your kitties lol

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Aspires to Stupidity

Cool, what color did you get? I hope your kitty doesn't mind them. Mine got used to them pretty quickly, but I've heard that some cats just never get used to them and are constantly trying to pull them off.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 02:00 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

I'm not sure what color he got, he orderd the kitten ones...I am hoping that since hes young he will get used to them...

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 07:50 PM
Part of the Pack

I have alwas wanted to use them on Pumpkin.She kinda claws me alot.But I think she would just chew them off.

Mom to:
Zippy

Pumpkin

Zoey

Co-owner to:Sweet P.
and Piglet

Rest in Peace Liberty
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Aspires to Stupidity

It takes A LOT for them to chew them off. My one cats chewed on them for over 8 hours before finally giving up and he didn't get any off, barely made a dent in them. They're pretty thick and the glue is extremely strong.

***The glue is safe for animals though, just incase anyone was wondering***
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 11:02 AM
Newborn Pup

I saw an ad for these before on the television and I thought about getting them. I don't have a job, though, so I'd brought it up to my mom. I don't think she ever even responded.

My older cat we got declawed when he was just a baby, so he isn't a problem. But we got a little princess a few years after and didn't have the money to get her declawed. Now she's four (I've noticed a theme, I think lol) and she just tears everything up.

I figure the soft claws would work on the furniture, but I've got posters that she (accidentally) rips sometimes when she stretches and I am unsure if they would be useful for that or not. I mean, her claws would still get under the edge of the poster, I'm sure...
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
Aspires to Stupidity

My Soft Paws finally came in...wanna see how I did them this time?

China's I alternated red and black:

And Hyrum's I did rainbow, lol. And the first pic is really cool too, too bad his eyes are closed.

HOW DO THEY LOOK?

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 04:06 AM
Dinky Corsetkisser

they are so cute...we are still waiting for ours, taking forever lol

Your kitties are such good models lol

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 04:13 AM Thread Starter
Aspires to Stupidity

They wouldn't model for me this time so I played with a string and took random pics hoping that some of them would turn out, lol.

Didn't you order yours around the same time as me? I got mine about 2 weeks ago, so maybe you'll get yours soon???

Tags
cat, clawing, declawing alternative, nails, soft paws