i really have to quit doing this - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Red face i really have to quit doing this

Guess what Simba is looking at...

this...

It's a little black kitten named Sly (male). He was left at our hospital yesterday with his sister and someone wanted the sister 30 minutes after she arrived. I was willing to take him in since I missed raising a baby kitty since Simba so I volunteered to foster . So he's not permanent.
He hasn't opened his eyes yet and is not able to go to the bathroom on his on. We think he's not even a week old yet. He barely lost his umbilicle (sp?) cord yesterday. I'm bottle feeding and he has a wonderful appetite. Of course, out of Sky, Simba and Samson the ones who were fine with him for the most part were the boys.
Sky doesn't want him here. Samson just stays away from me. And Simba seems to really like him.

That's actually him licking Sly.
Sky tries to smack him but I correct her. I know I shouldn't blame her since this is mostly her space but it's more Simba's space and he let her stay in his room so she needs to stand kitten for at least 10 minutes a day. I don't sleep in my own room now cause I can't trust Sky with the baby. I have to sleep with him in another room.
Anyways, these are more of his pictures.

My babies...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 01:02 AM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

AWWWWWWW he is soooo cute!!!!!!! I hope you keep him. this would be the 3rd cat you got since you joined PT! 3 cats in 5 months. Aw i hope your other 3 start loving him too

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 01:07 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Exactly...3 cats in 5 months...that is so bad. I don't think I'll be keeping this one but I'm making sure he's going to an indoor cat home and I'm even thinking of making up an adoption form and a permission form to see how kitty proofed the house is and they cannot declaw it. I know some people have their reasons to do that but I'm not for it.

My babies...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 01:08 AM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

lol thats good, but if you cant find someone with this criteria you will keep him right? whats his name?

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 01:10 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

His name is Sly Either I keep him till he finds someone or a coworker of mine keeps him. We'll see though.

My babies...

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 01:16 AM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

I woudl have problems... i get too attached to things

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 02:26 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

OOOOOHHHHHH!

Looking at that wee, precious little baby reminds me of raising Gerona and Galina.

Now you're making me want to have another baby kitten to raise, too! Shame on you!

Good luck with the little darling! And take lots of pictures because they always grow so fast!

Edit: Sky will probably come around in time. I know that when I received Galina, Gerona (she was 5-6 months old at the time) HATED her and would hiss and spit every time she saw Galina. But, after Galina got older (about 5 weeks), Gerona decided she was a decent playmate and now they are like two sisters.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

Last edited by pihlaja; 08-21-2005 at 02:29 AM.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 07:29 AM

awww so cute...I love black kitties

I can't believe anyone would be so awful to abanden them...or maybe it was just the mother? But I don't know the whole story.

I am glad you were there to take him in, I know you'll give him a great start in life and he'll get lots of love and attention.

Its great to hear how well Simba likes him, that is really good. One thing we found when we got molly when she was very young, is that she didn't know how to do a lot herself and Eviecat kinda adopted her and started to mother her and teach her stuff. So maybe Simba might end up doing that, like a good little daddy.

I hope when he is old enough you can find him a good home...or that you may change your mind and decide to keep him. And then say Ok this is my last one for a while....I couldn't resist him, because I know no matter how much I tried I would bond with him and fall in love with him.

Hope to see some more photos as he grows up, good luck with raising him...but I am sure you will do a great job

Eva x
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 09:41 AM
Aspires to Change Oil

aww isn't he just a little darling!! Good for you to take him in and foster him. I hope you are able to find him a wonderful home when the time comes.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Here are a few more pictures:

My babies...

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 11:18 AM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

He is adorable! You are doing such a wonderful thing, taking care of this cat!
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 01:07 PM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

Aw what a cutie! lol Simba sure look slike hes getting attached!

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 07:02 PM
Newborn Pup

He's a lovely looking kitten cant wait to see pictures as he grows

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 08:18 PM

That's a lot of work you have taken on but I'm glad to see you have some help The kitty is so adorable. Having foster several litters myself I don't envy you at all having to find him a new home once he's old enough, that is unless you decide to keep him. Good luck with the little furry meatball!
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Sly went on a sleep over to his aunt's house for today and tomorrow. I have to go to the dentist on thursday and cant take him with me. He did get constipated though. His aunt (co-worker) is helping him out with that. We also gave him something before he left. I know she'll take care of him. I just miss him already

My babies...

Tags
indoor cat