I really worried about ym kitten(s) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy I really worried about ym kitten(s)

OK so Thursday one of my 4 kittens had been throwing up all night and then unfortunately died the next day, then I have another kitten (all these kittens are from the same litter) is really sick and is probably gonna die :'( but my favorite kitten is showing similar signs and I'm really worried about him and I don't think Ill have time to take him to the vet so is there anything at all I can do for him? Please help

(Note: that the throw up was yellow)

Also sorry for spelling I was in a rush oh and hes threw up 4 times in less than 1 hour
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 10:33 PM
Hello Earthling

vet A.S.A.P, as in right now

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 11:54 AM

If you cant get them to a vets try force feed them. Theres a powder you can get to mix with water it has electrolites in it, I had to give it to my cat when he wouldn eat. How old are they?? Sometimes their just to weak and die theres nothing you can do Im afraid, just make sure their warm and eating, its all you can do Im afraid. Please let me know how they get on, I foster kittens so I know how hard it is for you. Goodluck xxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

My mom told me its some sort of disease where he will losse his body temperature and he gets it from a carrier cat, she said if he survives after 10 days he will get better its only been about 2 I'm afraid, I have him by a heater trying to keep him warm enough I also have a big thing of water and food he does't seem to be drinking it or eating the food do you know of anyways I can force him to eat or drink cause I don't wont him to dehydrate or starve. As for the vet situtuation thats not gunna be possible unfortantly.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy

Just thought you would all like to know that he died last night
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 11:21 AM
Fashion Animal Freak :)

Why didnt you take him to the vet? ..

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 11:42 AM
chinchilla breeder

You should've gone to the vet unless your mom is a vet. It could be anything it could've been a bacterial infection, a yeast infection. I had a batch of kittens that developed a yeast infection, the whole litter but it was in their whole body all made it on medication, they were throwing up.... a lot of things makes cats throw up

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kristy Morici
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ABC CHINCHILLAS

Many high quality chinchillas Available..

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 01:43 PM
Hello Earthling

Sorry for your loss, but you should have brought it to the vet

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 05:52 PM

Ah here guys she feels bad enough there is no point of saying..."you should of"....the main thing is you tryed YOUR BEST and Im proud of you and all your hard work and love you put into keeping him alive xxx
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 06:38 PM
is a little "special"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany88 View Post
Ah here guys she feels bad enough there is no point of saying..."you should of"....the main thing is you tryed YOUR BEST and Im proud of you and all your hard work and love you put into keeping him alive xxx
Im sure she does feel bad, and its good that she tried, but we're talking about a living thing here. It you cant take an animal to the vet when its sick or suffering, you shouldnt have it at all...

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 08:01 PM
chinchilla breeder

she has 2 more....they need to get checked out. I am sorry they died but it is best to find out why

Kristy Morici
ABC CHINCHILLAS

Many high quality chinchillas Available..

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Just like to point out I'm a guy (and a big animal lover at that) and I would ahve loved to take them all to the vet but because they are so young and never been checked out before, it would ave cost way over $1000 dollars to keep him alive. I really wish he would of survied I mean he was one of the healthiest cats outta that litter, Guess I was wrong and I will regret it But there was nothing I could have done I mean I tryed about 16 hours straight trying to get him to eat and drink. Theres something worng though because I have had 6 kats die in 5 days, It happened last year around this time too, But I think its over with now there doesn't seem to be anymore sick cats and the ones who where sick are recovering now (there all playful and everything). I just wished I had the money to or if my mom would of saw them the way I did.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 11:46 AM
Hello Earthling

Again sorry for your loss but get your cat fixed, if it is your cat that's having these litters and get them to the vet to be checked out.

If you can't afford the vet you can't afford the pet.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 01:57 PM

Aww.. I am sorry to hear about your loss.. hopefully it wont happen again. But another thing is that you SHOULD get your cat fixed.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 12:31 PM

I fully understand your situation and the vet would have just given it fluids and an antibiotic (Im a vet nurse) and the stress of that might have killed it...you did everything you could so dont listen to the people who are givin out saying you SHOULD have brought it the vets...or if you cant look after them dont have them....thats bull!! Keep doing what your doing just make sure your given them kitten milk and not human milk!! Sorry for your loss xx

Tags
throwing up sick worried