I Think I Owe It To The Cat Home. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
Fashion Animal Freak :)

Question I Think I Owe It To The Cat Home.

Ok well you all know my heads been all over the place lately with problems going on at home and things.
Well ive been out of work for ages now due to health problems.
So today my aunt rang me ( she works at a cathome and got me my little kittens ) and asked how the kittens where and i was telling her about them and she said theres more kittens coming in and a girls away on holiday for 6 weeks! and they have an overload of abandoned cats and kittens so i said " auntie i would love to volenteer for you's if you's would let me it would help me out aswell" and she was so delighted! she said she is going to contact the manager tomorrow and she would love me to work some mondays and tuesdays and i start this monday with her!
I feel i need to get my life sorted so why not start here and give something back to them for blessing me with my kittens they rescued i told her i would really enjoy looking after the cats and they have some old dogs that where going to be destroyed and they rescued them and they look after them aswell!

What you all think?
Am i making another mistake?
Please tel me if i am!
I think it would help me pull myself back together again.

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 10:32 AM
RAT ADDICT

Hmmm...maybe this will help you out.
I really don't know - but you sound like you really wanna do it.I say go for it.You will be helping other animals in need and your only doing it a couple of days a week - so I see no harm.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 01:48 PM
Will It Ever Change?

I would definitely go for it!! It'll be good for you to do work of any kind. I too have been out of work for a long time. Started working again last year and I feel fantastic now. You will feel the confidence of helping something

Just don't take anything home!
xoxo

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

Thank you guys.
ROFL MULDER!!! i will try not to *Giggles*
you really think i would do that ? LOL!
Im going to go for it !!

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 02:14 PM

Oh, Claire, I think getting out and doing something you love would be great right about now. It would take your mind off of your worries and give you something to do other than to just sit and worry all day. I say go for it. If it is too much, you can alway back off a bit. It sounds great hun. And it is a wonderful place to start. But, you need to be strong, I know I would have an awful hard time not bringing those little ones home with me! And knowing your soft heart, you will too! LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Charlene i actually worked at a different cat home with my auntie when i was 13-14 and i loved it.
My auntie says im a natural with animals and she said i would be a great help with the kittens and maybe learn new stuff about my kittens.
So both ways im helping myself and the cats
Yes im going to do it i just need a little push as im not a really GOING OUT person LOL i like to stay at home because i get very nervous!

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 03:49 PM
Zippy Chickenshorts

aww, Claire this sounds like a great idea, go for it girl! Not only will it take your mind off things, but I think it will make you feel better because you will be the one who makes a difference to these dogs and kittens life before they go to a new home
It will be great if you can learn some more stuff because than you won't have to worry as much and it will build up your confidence. You shouldn't be nervious about going out, I think your a wonderful person!
Good luck hun, hope your looking foward to it xxx

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 08:24 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

go for it! plus it gives you more people to talk to about your cats and other problems at the time you can always talk to cats, they sometimes even listen!

[/CENTER]

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 05:53 AM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone *Hugs*

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 02:00 PM

Claire, you and I are so much alike! LOL, I am not a person who feels comfortable around other people out in public at all! I really have to force myself to do it. But, I'm really glad once I do because I feel so much better once I have. I like meeting new people and it's funny, once I am out there, I enjoy it SO much. It's like I just have a problem "getting" out there. I guess I have a bit of a phobia to work through. I always try to remember the end result. I love talking to people, sometimes you can't get me to shut up! LOL. I love older people, like when you go to craft shops and find the "grandparent" types. Oh, I could just adopt so many of them. And I seem to get along with my teenagers friends really well. I just can't figure out why I can't get along with my OWN teenagers most of the time! Go figure. You are going to have fun. I am happy for you.

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

:Roflmao charlene your a sillybilly
Yep im exactly the same i hate the thoughts of people looking at me and thinkig im ugly or something or i hate walking about and seeing my OH looking at really pretty girls i feel weird.. i think its a confidence thing