I think my cat is dying? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

I think my cat is dying?

My cat is 12 and a half years old.
Around mid summer she started throwing up a couple of times every day. We thought it was just because of hairballs, since there was hair in her vomit, so we waited it out, but it didn't stop.
In fact it only got worse. Instead of just puking a couple times a day, it turned into four to six times a day. and it was mostly just clear with white.. stuff.

We brought her to the vet recently and he suggested we try some medicine, we tried one which didn't work, but the other one my mom doesn't want to try because it could cause blindness. If the medicine wouldn't work he said we should bring her in for an x-ray and blood work. It would cost $350 so I think my mom is a little hesitant to do it...

I don't know if my cat is just badly sick or dying... Has anyone else had a similar experience?? What did you do about it?
I feel like I'm the only one in my house worrying about this. Everyone is just like "Oh she's dying~" like they're happy about it, or possibly not taking what they're saying seriously...

I need to know what's happening to my cat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 02:13 PM
Rodentologist

Our cat started throwing up a lot, we had bloodwork done and it turned out he was having kidney problems. We put him on a prescription diet and medication, and now, 9 years later, he's still happy and healthy.

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 04:58 PM
Betta Bomb

The only thing is to see the vet. Have a second opinion if necessary. But obviously it wont go away on its own :/ Im so sorry to hear this though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 02:14 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

I talked to my mom about it some more and hopefully she'll take her to the vet now and get the blood work done.
My cat hasn't been able to eat all day. When she tried it would just come back up. So she's just been lying up in my brothers bedroom all day in a dark spot between two dressers.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 01:30 PM
Part of the Pack

My 10 year old Siamese did that and they did surgery and when they got her open, they saw most of her stomach was eaten up with cancer. So they went ahead and PTS. Wasn't anything they could do. She still acted like she felt fine up to the very end! I hope yours turns out better!

~Amy~ Mom to Lucy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Forever in our hearts...
Mina, Psyche, Puff, Bootsy, Tommy, Sooner, Quinnie, and Lucky.

~and last but not least, my bunbun Roger~
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 09:40 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

So sorry to hear that, hope the blood test could tell all about her situation. Crossing fingers for her full recovery..

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

Visit -
- for fun and tips for pets!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Turns out she has a tumor... we have to put her down tomorrow.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 09:26 AM
Betta Bomb

Oh thats sad Im so sorry- is it spread through her entire body?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Not the entire body, no. I don't think so...
The vet said he thinks it's in her spleen? and also her insides weren't... like.. where they should be. They were all pushed up when they should have been closer to her skin on her belly, I assume that was because of the tumor and its size...

The size of it was pretty big. Not tennis ball big, but close.
He had said they could do surgery and open her up to LOOK at the tumor, but there wasn't promise it could be removed because it's most likely attached to wherever it is. So he said the best option is to put her down.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 06:38 PM
can't think of one, help

So sorry to hear this. Hugs

Vicki

Rainbow, Abbles, Carmy, Kissy, Peaches, Cream, (kitties) and Littlebunny boy (elder bunny)

the pic is the last one of my meecee kitty (5/9/89 - 1/9/08)
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 08:58 AM
Adolescent Pup

I'm so sorry. **Hugs**

Britany.

Proud USMC Wife.
Proud mommie of 2 dogs & Some Fish.
American Bulldog : Chesty.
Chihuahua/Terrier Mix : Beethoven.

Tags
cat, dying