I want a kittie - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 02:38 AM Thread Starter
Salamander Buffalokisser

Unhappy I want a kittie

I have been trying to talk my mom into letting us get a kittie for like 6 years now. I know a lot of you are thinking that I should give up but I aint giving up maybe one of these days I will just go and buy one. I know I have the money to. I want a kittie! do you guys have any ideas on how to get my mom into letting me get one?

Stephanie
Be who you are and say what you feel
Because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind

check out my blog:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 10:01 AM
Wanted: New Title

What seems to be her main hang-up? The possibility that you won't take care of it? The hair in the house? A litterbox? Whatever it might be, try to alleviate that hang-up. Then maybe she will let you have a cat. If she still seems adverse to the idea and you have alleviated the hang-up/hang-ups, then bring home a kitten. Those little buggers have a way of weaseling into anyone's heart.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 01:14 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

Yeah, if it is allergies there are solutions! Bathing the cat more often, brushing, not letting the kitten into the bedroom. Good Luck Punx!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 01:47 PM
Head-Butts Horses

I agree with both Lizgirl and capnsweets.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-18-2002, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
Salamander Buffalokisser

We have had cats before and she loves them, she just doesn't want anymore pets at the moment and says that 4 piggers in enough. She says that after the pigs die she will think about it. Hmm I feel a chritsmas kittie coming this year for her for me

Stephanie

check out my blog:

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-18-2002, 10:01 PM

Do what I do to my husband. I will suddenly stop and look around and he will ask me whats wrong. Then I say "have you seen the cat?" (we don't have a cat) He falls for it every time. Once they get used to being teased then you add the litterbox and food bowls and then ask again if you have seen the kittie, then eventually one day there is a cat and you say see, I told you we had a kittie!

I love to torture my husband!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-19-2002, 12:46 AM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

Maybe she is afraid the kitty might hurt your piggers.If your mom loves kittens and has a soft heart you might call your local animal shelter and see if they have any kittens.If they do try to get her to go with you and look at them.Usually an animal shelter or humaine society have lots of strays and unwanted pets that will wind up getting put to sleep if no one adopts them.Adoption fees are not to high in my area.It might work.
Quote:
I love to torture my husband
Dena you are so bad girl j/k

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-19-2002, 12:52 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Punx, everyone has pretty much said what I would've! Let us know.

DENA!!! You're AWFUL!!

Stephanie

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-19-2002, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dena
Do what I do to my husband. I will suddenly stop and look around and he will ask me whats wrong. Then I say "have you seen the cat?" (we don't have a cat) He falls for it every time. Once they get used to being teased then you add the litterbox and food bowls and then ask again if you have seen the kittie, then eventually one day there is a cat and you say see, I told you we had a kittie!

I love to torture my husband!
That doesn't work in my house....then again me asking Rob, "Have you seen my husband?" didn't obviously amuse him as much as it did me
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-19-2002, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Salamander Buffalokisser

you guys are to funny! Dena that might just work. then again mom might put me in a mental hospital for seeing things She just doesn't want anymore pets in the house at the moment but of course she said that when I got the piggers as well.

Stephanie

check out my blog:

Tags
adoption fee, animal shelter, food bowl, food bowls, local animal shelter