I WISH it were kitten season now... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 12:02 AM Thread Starter

I WISH it were kitten season now...

I know kittens can be born anytime of the year, but to get a good choice, we have to wait until about December

and we are desperate to get a couple more wee fluff balls running around our home.

as they will be our very first stictly indoor cats, we now have all the gear, we just have to wait
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 12:20 AM
Salamander Burgermuffin

eh, why dont you goto the shelter and adopt some cats that are a bit older? doesnt make much sense to wait for babies to be born when theres plenty of kids hoping they get adopted or else... yeah.. why not adopt an older one?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Furry Family
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

because my kids wants kittens
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 12:33 AM

why don't you rescue a older cat??There are so many cats that need homes.please think about getting a older kitty.You will save a life.Older cats have a harder time getting adopted then kittens.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 12:36 AM
Salamander Burgermuffin

I personally would not get my kids a kitten.. if they want a cat then get them a cat, if you get a kitten it will be a cat in a few months anyway, what happens then?
'oh i want a kitten mommy not a cat'
I can see it now.. another christmas present cast aside and forgotten about

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Furry Family
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 01:05 AM
Fluffy Chimphead

well if ya lived near me i would be able to get you kittens since the cat at my fiancee's work is pregnant again. I know that the owner will be giving the kitten's way once they are old enough. last time he wanted us to take another one since we took one of the kittens from his family's cat. but we don't want anymore for a while since we live in an apartment.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 01:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelnstuff
I can see it now.. another christmas present cast aside and forgotten about
ummmm, absolutely not

my kids are not like that

they just want the cat to grow up in this house, so two kittens is what we shall get

our last kitten that grew into a cat wasn't forgotten about, he was very much loved by us all, but he just had to be put down due to someone being very cruel to him
someone outside, hence the new kittens will be strictly indoors
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 01:29 AM
Salamander Burgermuffin

im sorry, that statement was really uncalled for and i apologize, i had a really bad day, and well your post was jus timed wrong i suppose.
we went to the shelter to look for a friends dog, and well, there were cats and dogs 4-5 sometimes more to a cage, it was really depressing.
I still believe you should get a cat from a shelter tho, im sure theres many kittens there as well, maybe not jus born kittens, but born this year atleast.

My Furry Family
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 01:34 AM Thread Starter

np Angel we all have bad days

and I will be getting our 2 new kitties from the SPCA when they have some
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 09:37 AM

Well, if you want kittens, why not adopt them from the shelter. Do a search, there are hundreds of homeless kittens. ****, there are at least 20 ads in my local paper with at least 3 kittens each. Thats at leat 50 homeless kittens that need homes now. I don't understand, why you have to wait till december?
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 01:23 PM

I would offer you the kitten that I am looking for a home for, but he is an older kitten, so your kids probably wouldn't be interested. We found him, abandoned at a car wash, around Thanksgiving time last year. The vet said he was about 8 weeks then, making him born in late September. So he's about 11 months now. Kinda wish I had just found him. It'd be alot easier to find a home for him if he was younger.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambieruns10
Well, if you want kittens, why not adopt them from the shelter. Do a search, there are hundreds of homeless kittens. ****, there are at least 20 ads in my local paper with at least 3 kittens each. Thats at leat 50 homeless kittens that need homes now. I don't understand, why you have to wait till december?
I live in New Zealand, we don't have as many shelters available to us here.
December is when there are the most kittens around wanting homes, that is why we will wait until December
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 01:35 PM

OH, sorry didn't realize that, lol. I was wondering, since we have millions of homeless kittens all year long here.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 01:46 PM

I was wondering where you lived, since your kitten season is December and ours is now. Makes sense now.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 04:18 PM

Too bad you don't live in Oregon (Portland area)... don't know what's going on here... but it's kitten season here! Almost all the shelters have them... and LOTS of people are giving them away too. But an older cat might be a better consideration for you- they all get bigger anyways. We adopted a kitten and are dealing with litter box training, getting it to eat, first shots, and all kinds of fun an older cat doesn't have!

Tags
indoor cat, indoor cats, litter box, litter box training