I'll be posting here a lot more often now..... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 06:17 AM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

I'll be posting here a lot more often now.....

ALEX CAVED!!!!!! :blob2: I was playing with him earlier on tonight and Alex was ironing (we took Biscuit for a night walk along the breakwall). I had been asking him all day long 'can we keep Milko' with his reply of 'no' and me saying 'ok I'll ask later'. So tonight when he was ironing I asked him again...he said no but cracked up laughing. I started teasing him saying that he was so close to caving and that he loved him too. He kept shaking his head but he was laughing and after being together nearly 7 years I knew he was going to say yes by the end of the night. I then started asking him at what time of night would he be too tired to pretend he didn't want him so I could ask again and get a yes. I grabbed milko, put him up to my face and I was saying to Milko 'quick pull your cutest facial expression so he gives in'. Alex cracked up again, gave me a hug, and said 'you can keep him, he has been ours all day long, merry christmas.' Apparently he had decided this morning that he wasn't letting him go to another house but he wanted to give him back to me at Christmas as my present (we aren't buying each other presents this year cause the dining table was our present) and was going to ask Peter if he and Danni, or one of his family members could have him for that time, but I wouldn't give in! Now obviously it is better he stays with us to bond with us, but Alex isn't really up on all of that stuff so he was really being very sweet!!! He told me he was just way too sweet to let him go.
I can't believe us two 'non-cat' people have fallen in love with this little kitten so quickly! We don't have heaps of cash right now so Alex is going to ring one of his mates to see if they have a spare cat tree....if not I'll be ordering one from work on Tuesday for him. That will be okay for him to be without something to scratch on for a few more days right? He hasn't scratched at anything yet.
He'll have to stick to his cardboard box for a bed for a little bit but he has old towels in it, and is very comfortable. He can get a new bed after Christmas, in the sales.
Anyway guys I just wanted to share!!!!
Oh I also wanted to ask, at work we don't recommend worming kittens until 6 weeks of age, we recommend worming the mother instead. Now he doesn't seem to have worms (no pot belly etc.) but could I worm him at 4 weeks, or is it better to wait until 6 weeks still. I'm just not sure.
Except lots of photos soon!!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 06:21 AM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

I forgot to tell you guys the catch.....I can't get a dog until after our world trip....he said before I could have one next year when he gets his pay rise but I was still tossing the idea up. and he didn't say no more....just not until after our trip, which I'm totally fine with!

post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 06:23 AM

I can't believe Alex caved! Can you bring in a stool sample to work and check it to see if there is anything in it. That way you may not have to worm him at all. Just make sure you keep trimming his nails when you feel them start to get sharp. Those little kitten claws are like needles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 06:24 AM

Red face

Congrats Carmen, at least we don't have to start a petition now! Good luck with Milko, and I hope you have a great life together.. Thank Alex, for giving in!
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 06:24 AM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

oh yeah I'm already scratched to pieces...he'll be getting a clipping tomorrow. I can take a sample into work...if biscuit stops taking care of it for me (she's up to date with her worm tablets). I can't believe he caved either!!! Right now he is sweetest man in the world to me He'll be in the good books for a while

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 06:29 AM

YIPEE!!!!
Carmen I'm so happy for you and Milko of course....I would use Dena's suggestion and take a stool sample in to check for worms as their are so many different types.... Here it's a pain in the butt the italian vet's make you deworm for at least 3x at 10 days apart before they will even consider vaccinating, and then you must provide a stool sample upon vaccination time before they will even get the shots. However I know the base as most vets do in the states, will give the deworming at the same time as their first vaccination (8wks. old) for precaution, isn't it weird how countries do things so differently..... Darren and I are an animal pharmacy with deworming med's being highly in stock
Congrats Again!!
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 10:55 AM
Obsessed With Turtles

Carmen! That's awsome! Give Alejo a hug for me too!
I won't bother saying what other have already said as far as the worming goes.
About the cat tree though... I STILL don't have one for Maggie. She is now 5 months old (on the 2nd of Dec.) and is just starting to heavily get into scratching. I bought her a sisel scratching thingy that you put on the ground & she will have NOTHING to do with it... she thinks the side of the couch is better. I am thinking about getting her declawed since she is exclusivly an indoor cat anyway, but still think a tree is in order. SO I think you have some time before he starts getting into scratching.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 11:35 AM

Carmen I'm really happy for you and Milko! I'm so glad you saved him. Yay Carmen and Alex!
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 12:20 PM

Congratulations Carmen!! Somehow, with a kitten that cute, I knew he would cave Cats are WONDERFUL pets and Biscuit already loves him, so you know they'll be happy together!
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

Thanks guys!! Kay I want to get the tree before he starts scratching! Milko is an indoor cat only as well and if he scratches up the lounge....lets just say, daddy won't be happy!! At this stage though he hasn't even entered the loungeroom. He has full run of the whole house but he chooses to be out the back in the laundry and sunroom with the rest of the gang. He can't destroy anything there but thanks for the advice on the cat tree! And I'm sure everyone is thinking 'who on earth is alejo'

Kim here we have one tablet, that does all worms for the cats (except for heart worm which in 40 years of practice my boss has never seen a cat with heartworm so I won't be worming him for heartworm). He can't be too badly infested, cause I've seen strays full of worms and it was obvious without having to do a faecal float. We worm them here, at 6 weeks, 8 weeks, 10 weeks, 12 weeks. Then three monthly after that. They can get their needles as long as they are healthy. If they are so full of worms it makes them sick we don't do it. I'm so glad I work in a vets, it will cost me $10 each vaccination shot and he will get neutered for free (he speyed Biscuit for free for me and that takes a lot longer). It's awesome!

post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinchilla_Girl
Cats are WONDERFUL pets
Yep, they are. You are going to have a blast! More pics please!
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

I'll post more pics tomorrow Steph!!!

post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

oh hey, do you guys think Kay is psychic? I mean look at my avatar, a tiny ginger kitten, with all his paws white....hmmmmm.....Kay is there something you aren't telling us!

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSbunny
I'll post more pics tomorrow Steph!!!

He's so cute, I can't wait to see more of him!
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

that's ok...I'd do it today but Alex is going to wake up any second and we'll be off to renovate!

Tags
cardboard box, indoor cat, wonderful pets