i'm sad..... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 04:32 AM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

Unhappy i'm sad.....

well, i guess i should explain the title. i'm sad cause i'll have to give charlie up. i know it's best for him (i have dogs, i travel, my future roomie is allergic), but it's still saddens me. i've known him for months now and i guess i'm having the same problem that kim is having with frankie. i just wish so badly that i could keep him. the only reason i am not is because my future roomie is really allergic. if she wasn't moving in, i would get chaquita used to charlie (penny's fine with him) and work on it from there. but i can't.

i was about to make some signs about him (to post at vet's, etc) and it made me sad. i'll miss him so much. he really is one of THE sweetest animals i've ever met (not just the sweetest cat, but animal).

it's going to be so hard to let him go.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 01:34 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I'm so sorry you can't keep him I wish I was a whole lot closer to help you out. I know you will find him a great home. Chin up girl!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Come drop by!

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 01:39 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Aweee Jane Your doing great by taking him in and trying to find him the best home possible, I truly understand how hard this is on you.....As I try to remember when one is adopted that has grown near to my heart, I know that he/she is going to a family that will love them forever not just a minute
Hang in there sweetie

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 05:36 PM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Aww hon, I know it is difficult to give up Charlie. He sounds like one special boy. Are you taking him to a shelter or to a vet where they will find him a good home? We are here for you Jane.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 01:09 AM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

thanks everyone!

denise - well, i've posted about him here and on petfinder. also, i'm going to make flyers, but i don't want to put him in a cage when he's fine here. i just don't like the idea, although i know it would help get him adopted. sigh...but he's so happy here and i just don't want him in some metal cage.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 01:51 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Hang in there girlie...maybe whoever adopts him will be happy for you to visit Charlie!! You never know...you have had him for a long time now.

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 02:23 AM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

thanks, carm. that's why i want him adopted out in this area. plus, if they can't keep him (for whatever reason), he came come back to me.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 03:45 AM

Jane call some of your local shelters that are listed on petfinder. They may be willing to put Charlie under their shelter listings for adoption. This way he can have picture of him up with a nice long description and will get more views than on their regular classifieds section. We do this for people since we never have room for surrenders and it usually works out pretty well. You can send them a picture and description and have them put your contact information. I don't know if they will but some of us do and its worth a shot.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 04:02 AM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

dena, you're right! i will call asap! i have seem some listings for dogs that are under a certain rescue league, but have private contacts. thanks!!!!!!!!!!

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 08:23 AM

Thumbs up I know

I know that you will find him a new home. You seem very devoted in finding one. I am soo sorry that you have to give him up, but I know that you will find him a great home.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 11:08 AM
Aspires to Change Oil

I'm sure you'll find Charlie a wonderful home. Goodness knows there are plenty of pet lovin' cat crazies out there who would just love him to pieces. :^D JUst look at the face after all! :^P Good luck giving him up. Tears of joy remember!

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 12:11 AM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

thank you, everyone!

Tags
local shelter