I'm sad - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy I'm sad

I have 3 kitties. MickeyKitty is 14, Dickey(Richard) and Beau are about 1 1/2 years old. Not real brothers, but no difference. That's them in my little pic. Beau has been moving in slo-mo and sneezy-rattly chested when he sleeps. I took him to the vet, thinking allergies. They took a blood test and called to tell me that Beau should be put down because he has a long named fatal disease that our other kitties can catch from him! I was so upset that I didn't even ask him to repeat the name of it so that I could do some research. I'll call to ask in the morning.
He said to separate him from the other 2 and let him know what we want to do. I called my mom, who took Beau in a flash! He's such a cuddle-bug! Everyone loves him. Beau has visited mom's before. He likes it there. He found his litter box immediately and ran in to go.
I don't think I can have him put down yet. He still eats well, loves his treats, uses his litter and rollers over to cuddle and have his tummy rubbed. He doesn't really seem to be in any pain at all.
But I'm still sad. I miss him. Tonights shower was lonely. He usually sits outside the shower door and meows at me till I get out then jumps on the vanity to watch me brush my teeth. He sometimes drinks water from the faucet! He is completely fascinated with water!
Thank God for my mom and dad. They were there for us and Beau. What a horrible decision we would have had to make if they couldn't have taken him!

Last edited by laurieb; 02-20-2008 at 09:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 10:02 PM
Adolescent Pup

I'm glad your parents were there for you. It would have been sad. And like you said, he still plays and eats and isn't in pain so it would be a shame to end his life without him agreeing. Get the name of that disease, it might not be as serious as the vet suggested.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pet Parent to:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Golden/Labrador Retriever: Maxine

My Two Favorite Dwarf Hamsters:

Love you buddy, I'll see you later: Ozzy

Gone, but never forgotten: Drix

I liked this smiley so I just had to add it.

Tags
litter box