I'm so excited! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-29-2003, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Talking I'm so excited!

I have been volunteering MANY hours at my local animal shelter, so much that they gave me keys and have let me run it by myself when they were shortstaffed. The cutest bundle of kittens came in (among the 20 other ones that we have ) And for some reason they were just so cute I had to take them home and foster them! There are 4 Grey and black tabbies and one blue gray. I said they look like little aliens :alien: because they have these HUGE eyes but my husband thinks they look more like gremlins (after eating after midnight).

They were getting settled in and are now sleeping so I will have to wait until tomorrow to get pictures. I can't wait to show everyone - BTW anyone in my area want a kitten? lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-30-2003, 12:50 AM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

Dena I am so jealous! There is NO WAY I could foster! I would turn into one of those nutsos we post articles about, woman living with 700 animals or something! Well probably not that bad, but one learns to accept their limitations! I cannot wait for pictures!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-30-2003, 08:39 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

I don't think I could do that job just for the reason that Capn said. I'd get way too attached and keep them all!

Good luck! I hope they all find great homes!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-30-2003, 08:53 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

You are so lucky! I'm with capn here, I wouldn't be good at fostering 'cuz I'll end up in one of those news too!

Can't wait to see pics of babies.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-05-2003, 09:57 PM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

Been there, done that!! What fun!

Are these guys eating on their own or are you having to bottle feed? Handfeeding kitties is one of the hardest animals I've tried to work with!

Don't need cats here - sorry. But if I hear of someone needing one I assume you'll deliver to FL??? (Bed and Board included)

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-05-2003, 11:43 PM
It's all in my head!

I don't know if I could foster and then let them go. Enjoy them while you have them though.

Cavy slave to Mama Christie, Scruffy, Sno pig and Harry.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-07-2003, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Nope they are eating on their own and boy do they eat. Three of them are very little so I am stuffing them like little pigs and it is working seeing as one of them gained 2 oz overnight They are soooo sweet. They love attention.

I work a LOT of hours at the shelter to take the dogs out, cuddle cats give them all treats. They are treated very well at the shelter and you don't want to take them home as much as you think you would. I know I am giving them love and time which makes me feel better about them being there. And fostering makes me even happier because I get to choose who they go home with and believe me I am going to be VERY picky. I know I still have to get some pics of them so hopefully tonight since I know they are feeling better.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-07-2003, 02:28 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

*cough* PICTURES!!!

Stephanie

post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-07-2003, 08:20 PM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

That's similar to me and my wildlife, Dena. People were forever asking me how I could let an animal go after feeding it from such a tiny baby, etc. But with those guys there would come a point where you could literally SEE that they needed to go. It will be a bit different with the kitties, but when they are all up, running around, destroying the house you'll know your job has been done!

I hope you have continued good luck with them.

Pictures? You know that nobody here cares about pictures.

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-08-2003, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

I will get them up tonight. Everytime I go to take pictures something happens and I get all caught up in it. I am taking the day off at the shelter so I will be home to get some pics
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-09-2003, 02:31 AM
Incubator Cricket Killer

You promised us kitty pictures....

(when I overthrow blondie you're next!)

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-09-2003, 02:48 AM Thread Starter

Here they are

The first one is Calliope
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-09-2003, 02:49 AM Thread Starter

This is Erato
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-09-2003, 02:50 AM Thread Starter

This is Euterpe
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-09-2003, 02:52 AM Thread Starter

This is Terpsichore

Tags
animal shelter, indoor cat, indoor cats, local animal shelter, vet clinic