injured kitty - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

injured kitty

This morning I woke up and noticed that my cat Boots (almost a yr) was hurt. She doesn't go outside for anything so I'm assuming she jumped off something and hurt her front left leg. It's the part of the leg that I would consider the elbow..
Whenever I touch it she meows a bit and cringes if I got near it. I want to take her to the vet but broke is an understatement for me right now. (I get financial aid in about two weeks though). Either way, I need suggestions as to what to do. Right now I'm trying to keep her as comfortable as possible i.e., keeping food and water close by so she doesn't have to walk much and keeping her from jumping off high places.
Is this something that will pass, like soreness, or should I suck it up and take her to the vet ASAP?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 09:17 PM
Hello Earthling

You are going need to suck it up and take her to the vet. It sounds like she might have fractured something.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 10:41 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

is it swollen? does it hurt if you touch the toes or just the elbow? what i mean is if you can move the leg from her toes and it doesn't hurt it is probably a skin wound like a wasp sting or something.

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 07:25 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

The paws are fine. She only seems to complain about pain if I touch (with some pressure) the elbow. She'll walk on it and leans on it, with a limp, but prefers not to. And I see no signs of swelling so far.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 02:18 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Just continually keep her away from jumping or any activity that she might put pressure on her paw. But still a vet consultation is needed.

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Visit -
- for fun and tips for pets!