Introducing Ghost - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
I Have Foot-In-Mouth Syndrome

Introducing Ghost

Some of you may have read my thread about a week and a half ago about the stray cat in my neighborhood. Well we were going to have to take him to the shelter today but my mom finally managed to convince my dad to let us keep him. We took him to the vet this afternoon. For the most part he's doing pretty well, but he does have a parasite that's causing him some diarrhea, so we've got him on meds now. He had all his vaccinations and is going back for his boosters in three weeks.

He was such a sweetheart about the whole vet visit. His only issue with the whole thing was being on the table. His previous owners must have trained him not to sit on the furniture because if you sit down while holding him or put him down on the bed he bolts. He had no problems whatsoever with going in the carrier and actually walked into it and sat down when we put it near him. He's even being cooperative with his meds!

We gave him a bath yesterday and he just stood there and let us after he tried to get away twice and realized he couldn't. He looks so much better now that he's clean!

Here are a few pictures of him, I'm sorry the quality isn't that great, but it's what I've got. *shrugs*

This is Ghost, touching noses with Thunder on our freezer.

This is Ghost after we gave him a bath last night.

I got a valentine!

3 cats, Yazi, Bit, and Thunder
8 rats, Bob, Cocoa, Zara, Kennit, Aviendha, Skewer, Bean, and Raleigh
3 mice, Briella, Sophie, and Jackson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 09:19 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Oh YEAH!! your dad said yes! I figured it was only a matter of time before he had to agree. Dads are like that. Warning for later: sometimes so are husbands.
It looks like he is fitting right into the house. I love it when cats do that. My neighbor found a kitten right before Christmas and brought her to me because he "knew I had cats". We only had her for a week and she was already taking over. Poor Bean was so displaced. Luckily for Bean my friends mom wanted her. She is now a very spoiled only child. She adapted well to that too.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 08:45 AM
Aspires to Change Oil

oh he's adorable. I'm glad your dad said yesto him staying. That's great!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 11:04 AM
SwC
Part of the Pack

Congrats on the new addition and sounds like the "batting of the eyes" and maybe a few tears did the trick lol. Yep Daddy's are suckers for those ploys and as previously said for later use "so are husbands". He's beautiful!!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 11:12 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

awww he's beautiful
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 12:17 PM
I Stash Little Debbies

still works on my dad... and as for my husband? how do you think i ended up with 4 bunnies? tee hee

Okay, so I've got a mischevious husband and a few buns...

Grand Marshall NutterButter of TFAN

Code Name: Snow White

PT's Official Poker
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
I Have Foot-In-Mouth Syndrome

Thanks guys.

I got a valentine!

3 cats, Yazi, Bit, and Thunder
8 rats, Bob, Cocoa, Zara, Kennit, Aviendha, Skewer, Bean, and Raleigh
3 mice, Briella, Sophie, and Jackson
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 02:56 PM
Crazy Woman Driver

hooray to your dad

Caroline
( Just two of my many alter egos )

I
my new job and my girls, Polly puss cat
and Isis puss cat

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 05:47 PM
Miss New Booty

Aww he's adorable! Glad your dad said yes to keeping him!

~* Jackie *~

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 08:52 PM
Newborn Pup

Hurray!!!!! Thats wonderful. So glad your dad changed his mind. Congrats on your new family member.

~ Raelynn ~
Pround Mommy and Staff member to
Buzz and
Woody

Tags
vet visit