Introducing Smitty - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

Post Introducing Smitty

After some heated debates, sadness of seeing all the poor cats, and some pros and conning, we brought Smitty the kitty home today. He is a "normal" looking cat, but hiis personality won us over he is crazy and cute, pictures soon to come!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 02:43 PM
I Heart My Job

ooooooo...can't wait to see pics. how are he and Baby Girl doing? are they getting along ok?

sparkle->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
shadow->

To seize the dragon is to face life.

I've been frosted!
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 03:12 PM
Incubator Cricket Killer

Yay! Can't wait to see pictures! Have you introduced him to Baby Girl yet?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 04:30 PM

Shame on you Capn' keeping us in suspense like that! You must have pictures ready ASAP!!!

Congrats on your new little bundle of fur
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Well let's just say the introduction hasn't gone so well. Baby Girl is heart breakingly mad, and hisses at the site of the cat. For like 5 minutes she chased him around, he however, is not scared. At 2 lbs he thinks he a WWE Superstar. he just wants to play with her so bad it's killing him! Ray is having heart failure everytime Baby Girl hisses, I told him it was going to happen.

Scarlette, get those little heart things ready for Ray please!

post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 05:17 PM
Wanted: New Title

She'll calm down I'm sure. Ray is being silly. I didn't think he was that attached to Baby girl. Just shows you what a cat is capable of doing.

I am also looking forward to pics of Smitty.

post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 08:45 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

CLEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aw, just give the kitties some time. They'll be ganging up on you guys really soon. Kitty conspiracies on a daily basis. (it was smitty on the grassy knoll)

Rhonda

Last edited by Scarlette; 10-28-2002 at 08:48 PM.
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Too Funny! Well it seems they are playing this game of hunting each other under the bed, but baby Girl hisses the whole time so it has Ray being like "are they okay?" I keep telling him "I told you she would hiss" He is so dumb. I am letting themplay the game for like 15 minutes, then seperating them.

post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 09:26 PM

WHERE ARE THE PICTURES - YOUR KILLING ME WITH THIS WAITING!!!!!!!!
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 09:50 PM
Princess in Waiting

Tell him that within 2 weeks they'll be closerthanthis and best of friends. Just have to work out the territorial thing - Baby Girl's turf has been invaded by a BOY!!!

Glad you found a good one - can't wait for the pix either!

Critter

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 07:09 AM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

Congrats on the new kitty.I hope all gets better as I am sure it will

post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 07:43 AM
Soapaddict

Congrats!! Dacky wasn't too happy for about 2 weeks to a month when we brought home Rascal, and it basically sounds like you are going through the same thing. They'll fight for everything, especially your affection, but I'm sure they'll love each other when the time comes!

Can't wait to see the pics.

post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 08:19 AM Thread Starter

Today ray is going to take the film to Eckerd, and on his way home from work pick it up. So simmer down everyone. You can tell he is excited to here the responses because he VOLUNTEERED to take him ,always the proud Dad.

Now Baby Girl seems to be swatting, claws retracted at Smittty, I holler (that does nothing)Is she just letting him know who's the boss? Because really it is scary, and I don't want either hurt.

Last night I slept on the loveseat with Smitty and ray slept in bed with baby Girl, should we do this for several nights?
Another question, Smitty seems to announce when he is going tot he bathroom, he will meow a few times, get our attention then hop into the litter box- should I be concerned? he doesn't meow when he is peeing and this sounds like just general All Eyes on Me smiles

post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 09:12 AM
Princess in Waiting

Everything sounds normal, Capn. And you don't have to give up your bed because of the cats - unless you don't want both of them sleeping with you!

His change in diet may be making it a little harder for him to poop and a bit painful - or he may just be a man and want to make a big deal out of it!

Claws retracted? She's PLAYING, and trying to show him who is boss. Believe me, if she was serious you would know about it! They have to go through this phase and you just have to keep your mouth shut, sit on your hands and do nothing - unless you see blood!!

I've had the same type problem in my house because the Cavaliers are such laid back dogs and I've brought this fiesty little shihtzu in on them who thinks she can just take over! The one place in the house she won't go is into their crate so when they've had enough of her they go there and hide. Just watch Smitty (or Baby Girl) and see if they don't have a "safe haven" somewhere to get away from the other one.

In no time those two will be curled up sleeping together - who needs you and Ray? - or chasing around the house so fast you won't know who is chasing who!

Critter

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

Mad at us is something I wasn't expecting, Baby Girl has hissed at me a couple of times and swatted. Plus she has this low rumbeling growl in her throat! I keep telling her we got you a friend! He likes yyou, he's just a baby, she ignores all this, but if i say Wheres the baby-she growls and begins the hunt!!!!!! She has only hissed at Ray a couple of times, but being that she is a daddy's Girl,poor ray's heart is broken.

So all in all just let them run around, her hissing with some growling, him loving it, but maybe being swatted?

And if you think i am a worried Mommy now, wait till I am on that Momm's board one day flipping out. I will be like Rachel on Friends calling the Doctor's home in the middle of the night.

Tags
litter box