I've got good news.... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
User Is No Longer Welcome

I've got good news....

and i've got bad news.... well, my friend brian took one of the kittens, alice when he took her mother.... he called me today and was complaining cause Alice was meowing really loud and stuff and since hes not allowed to have cats, he was gonna give her away, fearing he'd get in trouble.. well i talked to scott and he let me have her back.. so now i have Alice back (YAY) .. heres the bad news... this cat hates me... i dont know what brian did to her but she hisses at me and hisses at the other cats.. and before, when i had her, she was very nice and very social...now shes skiddish... so here i go, attempting to re-socialize them with each other and her with the dogs... she didnt seem to mind Tatyana (my older husky) too much or Tobbie (the oldest cat) but HOLY CRAP, her and her brother do NOT like each other.... and smokie does nothing but follow her around ...wish me luck with these guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

as i see, no one cares, but hey, thats ok.... well, it seems shes coming around a little... i went down there to get the laundry.. she let me pet her and did not growl or hiss.. actually moved her head CLOSER to my hand... and shes eatting and drinking.. so hopefully she gather the courage to come upstairs (she ran in the basement and hid).. but now shes no longer behind the dryer, shes in the dresser (with no drawers) that she used to sleep in
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 05:40 PM
Part of the Pack

I've seen cats do that sometimes when they are given away and they come back. I volunteer at a shelter and many cats that were taken there turned on people. These cats being so sweet before would not let you touch them. My cat also did that when I took him to a petsitter when we went on vacation for a week. He wouldn't let me touch him. It was just a way of telling me how upset he was that I could do such a thing.
Good luck with her. I'm sure she'll go back to herself once she's settled in again.

My babies...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 01:21 PM
Aspires to Change Oil

Yeah, I've seen cats do this sometimes too. Its like they resent us for putting them in another home... even if they are just being babysat for a little bit.

Sounds like she's warming up some, that's good! it may take some time but I'm sure you'll get her to be a sweet little lap cat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 01:41 PM
Part of the Pack

I'm glad to hear Alice is coming around. I think it will take some time but everyone is right she'll be back to her old self in no time.

Good luck with re-socializing her, let us know how she is doing.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

well, shes getting ALOT better,,, shes actually walking around the house now.. she comes up to me, and likes to be pet... shes warmin up to the dogs but still hates her brother.... its wierd tho... i can pet her head and by her front legs, but if i pet her butt or pick her up, she sounds like she doesnt like it... hopefully i can work on that
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 02:38 PM
Aspires to Change Oil

Its just a matter of time and desensitizing her so she isn't bothered by it. Sounds like you're doing great so far! hOpefully she'll get used to her brother again... otherwise, they should be fun bein' grumpy with one another.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-2005, 03:06 PM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Cats tend to like things to happen at THEIR own pace, not yours, so have patience with her.

Has she been spayed? The yowling could have been a result of her being in heat. I would suggest you getting her spayed once she calms down a bit more and if her brother is not neutered, DO NOT keep them together. It would be horrible if you wound up with even more kittens to rehome.

Keep us updated on her progress, though! I'm sure she'll come back around--just consider this her "kitty revenge." You know how cats are with their plots of revenge.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-2005, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

no, she hasnt been spayed yet... once i get the money, her and her brother are both going in..i know she has already been in heat when she was with brian so i have some time before i have to completely worry about that... and i think she just wasnt used to being handled actually... i can pick her up now and it doesnt matter where or how i pet her, shes almost completely back to normal.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-21-2005, 12:09 PM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

That's great.

Do you know how often she comes into heat? It could be beneficial to know, because I know both of my girls were going into heat every 1.5 WEEKS. It was unbearable and I was sooo happy to get them spayed!

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 09:14 AM
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

I wonder if he tried to hit her to make her quit yowling?
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 11:02 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Good Luck
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

Actually i doubt that he would hit her cause i know hes not that kind of guy,... she actually wouldnt let him touch her... she was very skiddish around him i guess.... no, i dont know how often she'lll go into heat... it was her very first about 2 weeks ago and shes not make any kind of those noises so i just have to hope she holds off til i get the money to at least get one of them fixed, if not both... im so happy, she follows me around now and shes so eager for attention.. shes the complete opposite of wht she was when i brought her home.. she even lets the dogs smell her... maybe its just sibling rivalry.. they'll smell each other, and chase each other, but if sebastian gets too close to her she'll growl at him... its amusing to watch... i can tell sebastian just wants to play with his sister, but she will NOT have it
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-24-2005, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

Yay, i have come to realize today that i have my old alice back... although she meows a lot for attention than she used to... she loves to ba pet and shown attention, and today, for the very first time that i brought her home, she played with her brother!!! it only last like, 10 minutes but it was so nice.. he seemed so happy.. she even let the dogs bite her (in a nice way of course) ,,, all i need is to get the both fixed and i should have a happier household (we wont hear so much meowing (sebastian is in his "boy heat" again right now