Jack Sprat The Brat - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Talking Jack Sprat The Brat

This is my baby boy Jack. I rescued him at an animal hospital I used to work at after he had been hit by a car. Needless to say he recouperated very quickly and found a cozy place on my pillow every night. He is a bit of an odd ball, and feels the need to announce himself when he walks into a room with a relatively loud squawk. He is a sweetheart, but a bit of a trouble maker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 04:38 PM

Jack is very lucky to have you. He is a nice looking kitty.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Thanks Sassy, he is a great cat. Can't help but love him!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 05:32 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

You cans ee his personality in the picture! How cute!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 06:22 PM

cute kitty
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-21-2002, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Thanks everyone! When I first saw Jack, he was still recouping from his accident, but he was just as lovely as can be. The minute I saw him I was in love with him. You should have seen him at Christmas time. He was obsessed with the balls on the tree and would lie underneath and bat at the balls. We had to literally attach the balls to the limbs because he kept wacking the balls accross the living room...not good because they were made of glass.

Jack's favorite thing to do though, was to walk around with things in his mouth. My poor husband had to keep two razors at the bathroom sink, becuase it never failed...he would go to shave and his razor was missing...low and behold, there was silly Jack walking around the house with it in his mouth! (Don't worry, it had a lid on it so he could never cut himself) He would even walk around carrying a chop stick in his mouth. Very funny to watch! He never chewed on things, he just loved to carry them. Right now he is living with my bestfriend who recently lost her pet, so Jack is filling a whole in her heart. I will try and get more pictures of him for you all to see!
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-21-2002, 12:07 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

That si nice of him to cheer up your friend for you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-21-2002, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Yes it is, and she has a really big house so he has so much room to play, but boy do I ever miss him!!!! But once I think she is ready enough, I will take him back with big open arms! But he is very happy, so I am not in too much of a rush...and for the moment, it is nice to know that objects stay where i last put them! LOL
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-21-2002, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Well thank you tyguy. My mom has severe allergies to cats as well, so I never had my first cat until a stray literally wandered into my appartment one night when i was 19.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-21-2002, 06:33 PM
Proud New Mommy

that is a really pretty kitty moliy! thats so kool how hes helping your friend cope with her loss, how sweet!

"He is a bit of an odd ball, and feels the need to announce himself when he walks into a room with a relatively loud squawk. " LOL, that is so funny, my cat fat cat does the same thing, i wish she would carry things around also, that sounds very cute!!

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-21-2002, 09:51 PM
Hands a throbbin from cage buildin

He is just gorgeous!What a wonderful story

Mom too ~
~Sara-yorkie-
~maggie-Dobi cross-
~Elmo-Yorki/poodle-
~Pedro-Chi cross-
Cats;Bobbi,Benny,Boots,Sophia and our foster boy
Thomas.
~And last but not least 24 rescued bunnys!
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-21-2002, 10:17 PM
Alena

he i very cute... try getting him a passifier(sp?).. my first cat loved carrying things around, and she would pick up ANYTHING.. so my mom got fed up and bought her a passifier, and that's all she ever carried after that .. and it looks SOOO funny!
that is a wonderful story, i do wish i had friends like you!

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-22-2002, 12:26 AM

Your cat is beautiful! He has such a regal face. I love the shape. And I totally agree with Alena - what a really great friend you are. I hope she is equally a good friend and gives him back LOL!
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-22-2002, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Ha Ha...thank you everyone. I hope that I am a good friend to her. I would want someone to do that for me if I ever lost something so close and dear to me, so I guess that is why I gave him to her. I knew that he would put a smile on her face. (And yes, she plans on giving him back. Eventually...LOL)

Dena...yes, he does have a very regal face....and a very long neck!!! This picture might show you just how long it is. Oh, I never mention his age...Apparently (guessing from his teeth and everything) he is about 5 years old. And I can't stress how lucky I was that someone was kind enough to bring him into the vet after he'd been hit by a car. But at the same time, he was also lucky he wasn't hurt too bad. He reminds me of a Lion when he is sitting, cause of the "white mane" that comes around his neck and continues to his belly. He also has "white sprats" almost like he's wearing socks on all of his feet. It looks so great against his silver fur! And his eyes are so amazing!

Okay, I have got to stop talking now. I could go on for a month at this rate! I am just very proud of my little boy.

And thank you all for your compliments!!!!!

Zoo Keeper of the "Crazies"
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-22-2002, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Hmmm, I forgot to add the picture. Silly me. Here he is again.

Zoo Keeper of the "Crazies"

Tags
animal hospital, cute kitty