Jasmine's bite wounds - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-22-2004, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

Jasmine's bite wounds

I took Jasmine to the vet today for the wound over her eye (the one I posted yesterday). Oliver bit her again last night when they were playing and made three new punctures as well! You can see in the pic below, that there is a big blackish area right above her eye. That is where the first puncture wound was, and it turned all purple/black and is infected. You can also see the new punctures (red dots). Poor Jazzy. My vet shaved her fur and cleaned her up. She has eye ointment, antiseptic, and oral antibiotics. Hopefully the infection will go away soon! I just hope this doesn't keep happening.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-22-2004, 08:54 PM

Aww. 8( Poor Jazzy... I hope she gets well soon!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-22-2004, 08:56 PM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Poor Jasmine.

Steph, you might have to lock them up in separate rooms while you're away since you won't be able to supervise.

When Galina had these wart-like things on her head (caused by a FOOD allergy), I had to keep her away from Gerona when I wasn't around because they would play and Gerona would scratch at the bumps and cause them to bleed.

It's not forever, and only when you're away. Just until Jasmine is all healed up and better again!

The kitties and I are sending her get well vibes along with kitty head-butts and kitty kisses.

― Rowan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I've been frosted!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-23-2004, 12:01 AM
Miss New Booty

Awwww poor Jasmine! I hope this stops and she is feeling better soon. Good idea, maybe you could seperate them when you and Mike aren't home?

~* Jackie *~

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-23-2004, 06:37 PM

Sending healing thoughts to Jazzy. Does Oliver usually play rough like that?

Oops, I just read your other thread where you explained Oliver's playing technique.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-23-2004, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all your concern guys. It would be so hard to separate them. They love each other so much and Jasmine would be so lonely by herself. I'll just have to see how it goes. Denise, yes Oliver does get rough and so does Jasmine. Oliver and Tiger play really rough too, but I think they have thicker skin and fur so they never get hurt. Jasmine is just too little and plays too rough. The area looks a lot better today. Hopefully it will all go away soon.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-23-2004, 06:50 PM

Red face

I hope Jazzy gets better soon! That is a good suggestion that Pihlaja made about putting them in different rooms, when you are not there!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-23-2004, 07:37 PM

I hope Jazzy gets better soon. I think when she has grown a bit she will be able to defend herself better. Good luck with the great suggestions.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-23-2004, 09:00 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

You just need soft paws for their teeth I hope she recovers quickly!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-26-2004, 10:21 PM

Steph, how is Jasmine and the wound doing?

I know they probably wouldn't like to be separated while you're away (Galina HATES to be separated from Gerona and cries while clawing at the door when we do have to separate them), but sometimes it gets necessary. It's only a thought, though.

And lixx, it DOES sound like they need soft paws for their teethies!

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-26-2004, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

Rowan, how sweet of you to ask. She seems to be healing up. We are still doing the meds and cleaning the area. Its not completely gone yet though and her eye is still swollen. I hope it heals completely soon!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2004, 01:00 AM

Well, as long as it is improving bit by bit.

The kitties and I send more kisses, hugs, and get well vibes her way. (And swats to Ollie to knock it off! )

― Rowan

I've been frosted!