Jasmine's eye is irritated - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2004, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy Jasmine's eye is irritated

Jasmine kept closing her right eye earlier today, and we've noticed that it looks a little cloudy. She just went to the vet two days ago and was fine. I don't understand what could be wrong. We put some drops in it tonight that we had for Ollie when his eye was scratched. When Mike held her eye opened for the drops, we noticed that it looked red in the corner.

So, what do you guys think? Infection, allergies, or a scratch/poke in the eye? Should I wait and try the drops or should I take her back to the vet tomorrow? I just want healthy kitties!

Oh, and she is eating, drinking, sleeping, playing, and going to the bathroom normally. She eats and sleeps a lot. I think she's making up for lost time. She also plays with Ollie and Tiger, and is running around with them right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2004, 03:52 AM

Steph it sounds like she may have scratched it, If you are very worried I would take her in for check up. What kind of drops did you put in her eye? Does she have any fluids or puss coming from her eye?
I know from time to time our cats will scratch their eye and for about a day or so they kind of look like they are winking at ya as it does cause irritation and discomfort to them.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2004, 04:20 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

If it's cloudy, I'd take her in. Unfortunately I'd go in this weekend; eyes tend to get worse very quickly. The sooner they're treated, the better.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2004, 06:02 AM

Red face

Ahh Steph! I hope Jasmines eye is ok.. I agree maybe she has scratched it.. Keep me informed..
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2004, 09:21 AM

Be careful using drops or ointments you have at home. If it has cortisone in it, certain eye ailments can be made much worse.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2004, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Its better today guys! Its not red anymore or cloudy. The drops that I used were from the vet. Ollie got poked in the eye a couple months ago and needed drops and antibiotics. The bottle says: Gentamicin Sulfate Opthalmic Solution. Her eye looks 100% better so I don't think I'm going to take her in today. It would have to be the ER again and I've been there 3 weekends in a row. She seems to be doing great but I will definitelywatch her and keep you guys updated.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2004, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

I forgot to add that there weren't any puss or fluids. Its just looked red and a little cloudy. I just remembered that Rusty lunged at her the other night. He may have scratched her eye. I was shocked when he did that because he is such a sweet rabbit and gets along with the cats. He's afraid of Sonora (bunny, who is smaller than he is) but he tries to chase Jasmine. Her eye may have been irritated from the other night. I will keep you guys updated.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2004, 12:37 PM

Steph,
I'm glad to hear Jasmine is better today Please keep us updated!!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2004, 04:49 AM

I am so glad that she i feeling better
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2004, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. I'm still doing the drops once a day. It looks even better today. If there is any sign of it looking even a tiny bit worse or not getting better, I will take her to the vet right away. She's not squinting at all and her eye is very clear now.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2004, 02:03 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I agree if it gets worse take her to the vets straight away as my dog had a scatched eye and she had to have to have it stitched up for 6 weeks as went ulcerated without us even knowing she had a bad eye! But you might have caught it in time with those drops with the sounds of it and they might have stopped it from becoming any worse, lucky you had those drops in

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide