Jewely bear had kittens - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 04:51 AM Thread Starter
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

Jewely bear had kittens

My cat Jewels or Jewely Bear had 4 cutties Monday 11/2/2009 so they are now 5 days old. She had them at percisly 5 am as in when it turned 5. which I was up helping a friend move and got home at 4 am and had a doc opointment the next day and hoping for some sleep. But at 5 she went into labor and about 2 hours later she was done. But at lest I made my doctors opintment.
Unfurtunetly the father is her uncle and when I went in to the spear room to feed her she slipped out and ran before I could run after her and grab her uncle angus got her. I though I grabed him in time and had planed on taking her to get fixed when my mom went for her last opintment with the dogs befor cold weather as a finall check up but I know have to wait. At lest all the kittens turned out ok and not birth defcts like hair lips and mising apendiges. They will be ready to go the 22 of December and I hope that I can adopt them out by then to good homes and she has an opintment to be spayed as soon as the kittens turn 8 weeks old. But here are the little presouse things. All the girl kittens get names after Gems or Jewels of some kind since we started with gem then calling her doughter Jewels. and the Boys were named after bands, songs, or musicions.

Jewels resting with kittens

Jewels looks like a tired proud momma
Here are all the kittens

AMBER female (the mellow one)

JADE female (the outgoing one)

OPAL female (the Shy one)

NIGHT PROWLER male (named after and AC/DC song becuase his father is Angus after the singer. He is the loud one. we call him prowler for short.
Well there they are. 4 little cutties. I'll post more as they get older.
Diamond

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think you are in the wrong place buddy.
You are the weirdest cat I ever seen.
Now matter how big or small wierd or normal we or animals may be we can learn to love and get along and love is what makes it all worth wild. Becuase Beautie is in the eye of the beholder an no one is ugly or more prettyer then anything eals we are all equal. There are some ugly people and things but that is becuase man kind makes them this way do to thier actions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 01:14 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

OH MY GOSH!! They are adorable

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #3 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Adolescent Pup

I just love amber. sooo sooo soo cute. They are all adorable.

Britany.

Proud USMC Wife.
Proud mommie of 2 dogs & Some Fish.
American Bulldog : Chesty.
Chihuahua/Terrier Mix : Beethoven.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

thanks, I was so worried that with the uncle being the dad that they would be disfigered. But all seems well and they are eating and doing normale little kitten things.
I wish she would not have sweezed passed me and I could have grabed her in time but she ran and went under the table and with my knee and screwed up I tryed to get to her in time. Her mom did the same thing I had her all ready to go get fixed and she ran pased me and that was it. But I finnally go her spayed. I love cats and kittens but there are to may here and they keep droping them off our shelters are full and alot of the cats are getting sick and they were talking about having to put a lot down becuase no one wants any strays becuase they are trying to catch them and get so many fixed. I think they should do an emergency thing were vets come in and spay/nuter and then build a santuary for them or find place in other states a cat santuary to go live. but our SPCA kinds sucks and the ones on the bord half of them as a hols and take food donated for their pets and family members and take the money half the time and us it for them selves. No wonder we are having problems. I plan in joining for one simple reason get info and get them kicked off or shut down not to be mean but untill some one who has gone to school not just say I have a dog or cat badge and go do something. So here there are lots of people on their own. I hate our SPCA becuase they are out for themselves not the animals. I should say I hate certin members and what they are doing.
well here are a few more pictures.

This is in the order they were born, left to right Amber, Prowler, Opal, and jade except opal is smaller then jade which makes opal the runt but jade was bron last.

OK Every one smile. I was taking them all out to 1 take pictures but to check on them and thier inblical cords or what little bit is there are about to fall off.
Well thats it for now. I have a feeling when they get bigger as in eyes open the little angels will become little brats if they are anything like there mom and their dad when they were little. lol So I can enjoy the angelicness of them for a while yet lol.
Diamond

Now matter how big or small wierd or normal we or animals may be we can learn to love and get along and love is what makes it all worth wild. Becuase Beautie is in the eye of the beholder an no one is ugly or more prettyer then anything eals we are all equal. There are some ugly people and things but that is becuase man kind makes them this way do to thier actions.
post #5 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 01:30 PM

I like Night Prowler he is soo adorable(:
post #6 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Sweet and innocent little angels, congratulations with the new blessings. They got adorable names too.

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

Visit -
- for fun and tips for pets!
post #7 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 09:12 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

cuties!
are you keeping them all?
post #8 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 08:58 PM
can't think of one, help

wow how cute and such great names

Vicki

Rainbow, Abbles, Carmy, Kissy, Peaches, Cream, (kitties) and Littlebunny boy (elder bunny)

the pic is the last one of my meecee kitty (5/9/89 - 1/9/08)
post #9 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

do you also breed cats or this is a rescue/accident?
post #10 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 02:34 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

I was wondering the same...

They are so SWEET though, post more pics!

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #11 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 02:53 AM Thread Starter
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

No I cant keep them I have 4 and the adition of the 3 orphand kittens only one made it and we are keepining him. I dont breed cat. If they were pure breed and I lived in a biger city maybe but this was she slipped out of the room while in heat and her Uncle got her.
I had it planed to take her to the vet when my mom took the dogs before cold wather for their check ups and I though that I grabed her uncle off in time but the vet told me to wait 3 weeks and see and shure enough she was prego.
So after they are 8 weeks or a little before I have to get her fixed or make and opintment. Every one keeps telling me get the males fixed but as sneacky as her and her mom are if they get out I dont want them coming home prego. Her mom had 2 litter the 1st we didnt even know she came in to heat or was prego till she had them on my old bed at my parents. We thought since our cat Gem Jewels mom was so inbreed that she couldnt come in to heat becuae she never meowed or nothing. So the second time she did but was keep in a speaperet room and I swithed back and forth so After we though she was done with the anoying meowing that she was done and had an opintment set up and had to wait. Jewels showed signs with the meowing but she will stay in a ceperate room getting alternated till she is fixed. There are so many stayed around here that the SPCA cant hold any more not even others close. And its 40 some to drop of and 40 some to adopt. they will be ready dec 22 and I am only askign a 10 dollar adoption fee to help with their food and 1st warming.
I started when My 2 cat wiskey and Gizmo had kitten to name them after songs or titles of songs and afew were not. But when me and my better half got our 1st cat together we called her Gem and said what a little Gem which truned out to be the cat from hades which since fixed is more nicer. And the Jewels was the only surviver out of the 1st litter so we started the tradition name the girls after a gem stone or jewel and the males after bands musitions or music relted.
They just got there eyes open and I will post picture tomorrow when I get back if I'm not to tired and I am able to. I will be gone for most of the day and I have somethings to get done before I leave but need supply to put my new rats cage together plus give all the critters some one on one time.
I wish I could keep them all If they stayed that small and not into suff yet like out rescued orphaned kitten is now doing as in into every thing.
I wish to find them all good indoor homes before the holidas or a nice farm that lives miles from he road.
Diamond

post #12 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 09:54 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Poor jewel, her own uncle.
are you ever going to get the male cats fixed or you don't have the money for all of them?
I hope you find homes for all of them, if they all look like their mommy, they're gonna be real cuties.
post #13 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Hello Earthling

They should ALL be fixed. There is already too many unwanted and homeless cats. The females should be fixed first so that they do not have a chance to breed and then the males.

You should also be more careful about keeping unfixed cats together.

post #14 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 03:59 PM
RAT ADDICT

The kittens are cute.

But the adults should be fixed.Males are usually cheaper to get done,so if it is a money issue...maybe you can find a low cost spay/neuter place around you and get them done first.As long as you can make sure the females do not get out.

My girls are not spayed yet,nor have gone into heat yet.But I can make sure they do not get out.I am having them both done soon.It is better for them to be fixed.

I hope the kittens find wonderful homes.
But this day and age,there are already so many unwanted cats it is hard to find forever homes.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #15 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

i know any cats are so nice but not many poeopl seem to want cats. my males are genertation cats meaning I have owned there relitives and so forth. and when they get old old but not to old I would like to breed them and get to kittens same sex to contiune on the line. I have had there great great many times great grandparents and anunt and uncles before.
Granted while over at the vets to day my vet said fixing the males is cheeper but males if they get out cant bring me back kitten which I have to pay for to get wormed and shots or find homes for. I can adopt them out at 8 weeks old with out a wormer or shot from the vet but I have to do a contract stating they have not had it and have to get it and my vets info and certified which I will be here in a couple of days doing up contracts and its only a buck or to to certifi it.
I cant aford even at the other vet clinc right not with my cat dc and his vet trip plus other stuff to take the kittens in. But my vet said its better for the females to get fixed so that way when if they ever got out they cant bring home kittens. Were males can go out but its easer on me to fix the femals then the males for the reason males dont have babies. But if I breed them later on the males it would not be with just any cat, plus I would be taking 2 kittens and help the owner of the female find homes, but my males will be 7 this year in april and gem will be 3 next year as well in I think june, and Jewels is a little over a year and will be in july next year 2. Which her age is another reason I didnt want her to breed. DC the one who is sick is the father to jewels and that is my ooopppps 1st time and so I have a generation cat to live on only I wished she would have been male. But I have years before I decited to keep the generation going.
Also I will post pic soon of them I have to clean my camera off and get a few min to take the cutties pictures.
There are some many cats here now that the people who want them dont got to the shelter becuase it cost to much which thouse cats need adpoted but go people who had a litter that is free or cheep. Some dont care the health they get either but I screen people and make them sign a contract that i have to have updates and pictures and am able to visit to see the care of the cat. Weather they follow the contract or not thats a diffrent story. I fI had a huge place I would get all the kittens fixed and the mom and have my own little cat family but I dont have that much room for 4 more cats.
Also it was not me who drug the 1st female in it was my other half and I told I have males that are not fixed and he should have gotten a male becuase females are a lot to fix, but he didnt listen so he attually is in charge of getting the girls fixed and also decited to keep the mom to the kittens which I didnt want another female I like male cats better then females. Weather fixed or not. Also I told him that he is not getting ride of them he is gonna learn from his mistakes and deal with it. HE is gonna get them fixed I will take care of them while in heat and the birth and weening but he is fixing his I told you not to by getting the mom fixed.
But any way I promise to get the cutties pics up later. and if I dont please remind me I have been so stress becuase my cat DC is been on my mind granted he has meds but still I know he dont feel good.
Diamond

Tags
kittens