Keep A.J. in your thoughts & Prayers tonight. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 12:06 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Unhappy Keep A.J. in your thoughts & Prayers tonight.

I am very worried and scared at this moment. I haven't been on to much lately cause life has gotten busy.

I'm dropping in to ask everyone to please keep my A.J. in their prayers tonight.

A.J. started showing signs tonight of having a Urinary Tract infection. I planned on calling my vet in the morning to get him in. Well, the signs started gettin more and happening more. So Hubby looked up his signs and all his signs point to a Urethral Obstruction.

I have put in a emergency call to our vet an waiting his call back.

If needed I will be taking him in tonight if not morning. I'm just hoping beyond hope this is nothing serious.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
An it harms none, do what thou will
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 12:11 AM
Oily Chickenspew

thoughts and hopes and all good vibes being sent your way!!! (c'mon A.J. you'll be ok lil guy!!) :hugs:

Tara
Andy-Chinchilla
Jaws & Chomper-Firebellied Toads Senor-Tiger Salamander
Merlin-Crowntail Betta Harry Potter-Mystery Snail
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 12:31 AM
Dinky Corsetkisser

keeping him in my prayers

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 02:09 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

We're are back home.

Our vet called and said the signs do sound like Urethral Obstruction and it bring him in immediately.

It was a very long trip for us. I couldn't hold back the tears afraid that the worse would be told to us when we got there.

It is Urethral Obstruction and he'll have to stay at the vets for at least 2 days. They will (hang in with me cause I don't know how to spell everything) put him to sleep to insert a catheter in him to help him potty. Treat him, flush his system. Then they will take it out and he will have to potty on his own for 24 hours before he is able to come home.

The worse would be surgery.

What he is going through now is going to cost us between $400 and $500. I gotta start making phone calls tomorrow to get them money. Normally we're fine and could handle this but hubby just lost his job and with my job we can't afford this on this budget. its funny how things hit you when your down. I can't even begin to imagine what surgery would cost.

Well, my nerves are shot for tonight. I am headed to bed. When we get updated tomorrow from vet I'll update on here.

An it harms none, do what thou will
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 08:27 AM
Dinky Corsetkisser

poor baby, I will continue to think good thoughts...and I hope you got some much needed rest...I am so sorry so much is going on for you

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 09:16 AM
Aspires to Change Oil

best of luck! I'll keep AJ lin my thoughts that he'll pull through and that you get the money for the procedure. Ask the vet if you can do a payment plan too.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.

Tags
urinary tract infection