Kinda Fostering A Cat - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Kinda Fostering A Cat

I am helping someone who needed to get rid of a young mom, a young male and a new born kitten(3-4 days old) well i am housing the mom and the young baby until she is able to get in contact with a rescue(if she can ever) i don't really like handing over a rescue a young mom and a newborn kitten. She just ended up getting the dad fixed today and i am not even sure if the male has any shots. The young female has absolutley nothing done to her so no shots at all. This cat is only 10 months old. I really have no desire to give her back the cat and kitten if she can't find a rescue to take them. Me and my husband have fallen in love with her(she is a gorgeous calico) we have the room and the means to take care of both of them and get them both fixed(they are both females and before anyone says you can't really i have sexed over 11 kittens well now 12 in the past three years from all the rescues we have had that were pregnant)
So my question is should i contact a rescue and get them to take them or just keep them for ourselves?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

if you feel that you can keep both then why not keep both ?

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

I may just ask her just incase though i hate getting horribly attached if she is still looking for a rescue to take them or to get someone else to take them perminately.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaB View Post
I may just ask her just incase though i hate getting horribly attached if she is still looking for a rescue to take them or to get someone else to take them perminately.
asking her is definetly a good idea but im sure she shouldnt have a problem with it good luck have you thought of names for them.

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 11:32 PM
Part of the Pack

My vote is: KEEP THEM! if she'll let you!

~Amy~ Mom to Lucy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Forever in our hearts...
Mina, Psyche, Puff, Bootsy, Tommy, Sooner, Quinnie, and Lucky.

~and last but not least, my bunbun Roger~
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

She said we are allowed to keep them. So we will soon be taking them to our vet to get them both checked out and as soon as she is able to the mama will be going in to get fixed and get her vaccinations. She called the mama Jasmine so we will keep it as she knows her name and i think the little female baby will be called Callie. It's been awhile since we have had kittens in our home but i am glad it is only one.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 12:10 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Quote:
She said we are allowed to keep them. So we will soon be taking them to our vet to get them both checked out and as soon as she is able to the mama will be going in to get fixed and get her vaccinations. She called the mama Jasmine so we will keep it as she knows her name and i think the little female baby will be called Callie. It's been awhile since we have had kittens in our home but i am glad it is only one.
aww i love those names callie was the name of my heart rat , so i definetly approve of the name ^_^

By Anonymous
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

I nicknamed her Jazzy-Bell. I have always wanted to call a female cat callie but when we got ava her name just stuck so i didn't want to change it at all. Thanks

I will get some pictures of mom and baby soon.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 06:05 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Quote:
I nicknamed her Jazzy-Bell. I have always wanted to call a female cat callie but when we got ava her name just stuck so i didn't want to change it at all. Thanks

I will get some pictures of mom and baby soon.
Looking forward to seeing pics

By Anonymous
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

I was waiting to upload pictures of them but the batteries i had charging someone decided to knock them down so hopefully i can upload them really soon.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Pictures of Jazzy and Callie.

Does she look like she has more than the normal amount of toes? I can't remember what the name of it was.

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 12:20 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Quote:
Pictures of Jazzy and Callie.

Does she look like she has more than the normal amount of toes? I can't remember what the name of it was.

OMG! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK sooooo cute ^_^ yah she looks like she has six toes A polydactyl cat?

By Anonymous
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Yeah i believe thats what they call it. They are both very gorgeous and i can't wait to see callie grow up. I have never actually seen a cat with six toes until her.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 03:23 PM
laugh often

their really pretty cats. i have never seen a cat with that many toes either.

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Thanks. It's really cool though to see it. I wonder if callie will have six toes too.

Tags
cat, kitten, mama