Kirby got nuetered - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

Kirby got nuetered

I just went in to see him. He is awake, but pretty groggy still. At least I know he is fine, now. I know neuters are a very simple procedure, but I was still worried. He is my baby boy. I'll miss him tonight on my pillow. He usually sleeps right next to me on the pillow, but he has to stay overnight at the vet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 02:53 PM
Miss New Booty

Awww I'm glad everything went well with Kirby's surgery. Snuggles and Ginger were already fixed when I adopted them, but Smokie was a kitten when we got him, and we had to get him neutered. He came home later in the day and acted like nothing happened, jumping around the house! I had to try to keep him from licking the area too much, but other than that, everything was fine.

I know you can't wait to bring your boy home tomorrow! Give him a hug for me, too!

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

I already miss him like crazy! I am used to coming home and having him greet me at the door after work, meowing like crazy until I pick him up. I hope the neuter does not make him less vocal. I actually like that he meows all the time. LOL. He won't be able to play with Cricket (my puppy) for a few days, so they will both probably be disappointed at that since they like each other. He will definitely get enough hugs tomorrow to get one from everyone on the forum!

When I visited him, he was looking at me like he vaguely knew who I was but was not sure. It was kind of funny because he had the most puzzled look on his face. It was like, "I know I should know you, but who are you again?" He was still pretty drugged up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 03:21 PM

Awww poor baby. He'll be great tomorrow and he'll know EXACTLY who you are AND he'll be just as vocal. He'll probably even cuss you out a bit LOL

Brigg was VERY VOCAL for the full 14 years after he was neutered.... I don't think you'll need to worry about that

Good luck tonight and God speed for the pickup time tomorrow!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

I just came home with Kirby. When I got there, he hissed a little at the vet tech, but ran right up to me and started rubbing his chin on my hand. That and trying to get out of the cage. LOL. We had a nice walk from the vet's (I live just across the street), and he got breakfast right away since he had been without food for a while due to the surgery. He was more interested in me petting him for the first few minutes than eating. Probably making sure I still loved him. I'm so glad to have him back. I missed him so much yesterday! He hasn't said anything yet (other than hissing at the vet tech), but he still seems just a touch groggy so he will probably start chattering away again in the next couple days. Right now I think he is just getting comfy being back home again.

Right now he is eating right next to me. I moved his dish downstairs next to the computer chair so he could be with me while he ate. Usually his food is in the spare room, but after him being gone all day, I don't think either of us want to be apart from each other. Every so often he jumps up on my lap to get some more attention, then goes back down to eat. Poor baby is so hungry.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 10:54 PM
Miss New Booty

Awwww I'm so glad Kirby is home with you and that everything is ok.

~* Jackie *~

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 11:02 PM

I'm glad he's doing good! Why did he have to stay overnight? Mine came home really quickly after the surgery. They were still really drugged up, and kept hissing at each other! I'm glad Kirby is doing well.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

They had to stay overnight because the drug made him extremelly irratable, and it was safer for both him and us to not have him tripped out and thinking we were 40-foot monsters. LOL.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyabita
They had to stay overnight because the drug made him extremelly irratable, and it was safer for both him and us to not have him tripped out and thinking we were 40-foot monsters. LOL.
Awww, poor baby. I'm glad he's doing good! Yeah my boys were a little tripped out as well. They kept hissing at each other for a couple of hours and walked around the apartment like they had never been there before!

Tags
vet tech