Kitten Cage - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Hello Earthling

Kitten Cage

Ok so with the foster kittens because their so tiny we need to keep them confined when we can't be watching them (so they can't get

behind something,hide etc...) so during the day and at night.And I'm thinking a ferret nation would be perfect for just this purpose,and plus

if I ever wanted to get a ferret I would have a cage Just joking but it's true anyways.

I was just wondering if this would be work and more importantly work.

I was thinking the 2 level ferret nation,so there's room for the litter box on the bottom and food on the top, as well as a place for a bed and room to play.

I've seen 5 plus ferrets in one of these so I'm sure it'll fit kittens, and the shelter uses them also for the older cats. I think one cage had like 6 adult cats in it.

I'm currently looking for one now so I'm hoping to find one soon and I'm going to talk to my mom about splitting the price $50 each (I know their expensive cages but we're looking for a used one)

I'm hoping she'll agree to because I don't have the time to have to crawl IN the current set-up we have now everyday to clean it with

school now, and since the whole front opened on the ferret nation I

can quickly clean and have extra time to play with - well right now Sumaii, but have the extra time to play with the kittens.

My plan would be to keep the ramps but modify them so young kittens couldn't fall off the side- and cover the ramps on carpet or similar material to protect tiny feet and provide more traction.

I don't think anything else would need to be modifyed becuase if people can use a ferret nation for rats I think a kitten would be pretty safe.

What do you guys think?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 07:59 PM
RAT ADDICT

They sell actualy cat cages for cats at Martin's.
I don't know anything about Ferret Nations.

http://www.martinscages.com

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
Hello Earthling

Thanks for the suggestion. We were actually looking at the ferret nations because the whole front opens for easy cleaning and plus we wouldn't have to pay for shipping and wait for it to come in etc...

Tags
cage, confined, gosh, kittens, pickles