kitten eye colour - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

kitten eye colour

if you don't mind me asking, is it normal for the eye colour to change? I ask this because, my little pest, Safira, as these beautiful blue eyes, of an unusual sort of blue, but it appears to be changing... they seem to be getting lighter...is this normal?
thanks all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 01:40 PM

It's very normal and nothing to worry about. how old is the kitten?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 04:58 PM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Depending on the age of the kitten, it's perfectly normal for the eye colour to beging to change from the kitten-blue to the colour the eyes will be when they are adults. This usually occurs anywhere from 5 weeks to 4-5 months.

However, even an adult cat's eyes can sometimes have variations in colour. My cat, Gerona, for example will sometimes have predominately green eyes rather than her usual yellow. It depends on her mood and the lighting she's in. So, I would say slight changes in eye colour is nothing to be worried about.

― Rowan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I've been frosted!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 04:38 AM Thread Starter

I'm not exactly worried about it... I was just hopeful she would keep that beautiful and usual colour she had. She has been more "electric" than usual...maybe that's affecting the colour too!
Thanks for the tips.

Lisa
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 12:43 PM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

My kitten Galina kept her blue eyes, but we didn't FULLY realise this until she was 7 months old.

I kept thinking her eyes would turn green since she looks almost identical to her mother (white cat with tabby van markings) and her mother had green eyes, but they stayed blue.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 01:47 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

Mama had blue eyes now they are brown...but they look red to me lol (color almost blind) red eyes would match her personality according to my daughter...she says shes pure evil lol...found out how to get on the top bunk to pop my daughter when she falls asleep lol

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

Tags
red eyes, white cat