Kitten Food Question - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Question Kitten Food Question

Hello from the newbie!

I have a question... we may be adding a kitten to our family. My 4 y/o DSH tuxedo eats Natural Balance Venison & Green Pea... and according to the makers- it is appropriate for kittens too... does anyone have any experience with this or insight? I'm still a bit hesitiant about not giving a kitten, "kitten" food. Thank you for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 01:36 PM
In Frosting Denial

this is what I found out about it:

Quote:
Natural Balance® Venison & Green Pea Formula is a proven formula for cats with allergies based on our unique single source protein and single source carbohydrate blend.

Newly weaned kittens can be offered Natural Balance® Venison & Green Pea Dry Cat Food moistened with warm water. You can also mix in Natural Balance® Venison & Green Pea Canned Cat Food for ease of feeding. Kittens should be fed free choice to promote healthy growth and adequate weight gain. Food intake requirement may vary depending on age, activity, and environment, and should be adjusted accordingly.
so it sounds safe for kittens, if you follow the instructions, but if your new kitten doesn't have allergies I would feed him something else.

Hope it helps
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info... I was just thinking about the BEST solution, so as not to put my older kitty in harms way-ie, expose him to "kitten food" which may upset his tummy, but also give a new kitten the best possible nutrition. I know I can try to separate their feeding- but my cat now runs the house and earts when he wants, so I am not sure how that would work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 10:45 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

when my parents got a kitten they suggested mixing the food because its fine for both cats if they get both kinds of food.

why breed or buy when shelter animals die

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

home to:
1 dog a pit bull named Troy and a border collie/golden retrever/boxer mix named Amber

and 7 cats (Butterfly, Furchol, Carmel, Nova, Hope, Shaddy& Christian)

3 rats Flora, Fauna, & Merryweather

Tags
cat food, dry cat food, kitten food