The kitten has arrived.... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-25-2004, 06:32 AM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

The kitten has arrived....

So you know how I was asking for all that advice last week on feral kittens? Well I hadn't heard from the woman all week. I assumed there was no fourth kitten. We had a hellish day at work today...we were so flat out I worked 10 hours straight with NO break. Not even two minutes to eat lunch. We were too busy. In amongst all this madness we had some really sad cases in at work. A one year old boxer with a bone tumour, we had to amuputate his leg, and a phonecall from a guy who is getting security guys to come and set his yard up with hidden cameras cause the neighbours are fully tormenting this dog (rottweiller) when they are out. Everytime they come home the dog is blind, with really red eyes and so aggressive they can't even go near him. The police said they need video evidence before they can do anything (he wanted to know what it was they were spraying but it could be anything really, we weren't much help). On top of all that Alex's friend got buried today I really wanted to be with him for the funeral but we found out last night and we are a small practice, I was the only nurse (well trainee...but I was still the only one) there today and the nurse I job share with is stressed out to the max. due to her own problems and it was too late notice for me to ring and ask her to work my 10 hours for a guy I didn't really know.

So I got to thinking about the kitten. I decided that with all the bad things that were happening, adding the stress of one freaked out little kitty wasn't going to be good and so I decided that if it was bought in I wouldn't take him which means euthanisation. Then the woman rang up about an hour later. She had found him three days ago and had been taming him at her place. He was too active for her old cat and the old cat wasn't impressed so she had to bring him in cause she didn't know anyone that wanted him. She bought him in and he was just wrapped up in a towel (the other three were in a box and all spat and hissed every time you opened the box) purring and meowing. She had tears in her eyes and asked if we at least see if someone could take him and not euthanise him to the end of the day. What else could I do? I told her that I'd take him and re-home for her. Her whole face lit up, I thought she was going to reach over and cuddle me.
So at the end of the day he came home with me. Well he went to mum's first cause I had dancing. At first biscuit was petrified! She was shaking and breathing heavy and the kitten was hissing at her like crazy. After that went on and the kitten quietened down and my mum came home. My mum is terrified of cats (don't know why) but she picked him up and let Biscuit have a sniff. Well Biscuit bit him It wasn't hard but she did bite him and she did mean to do it. My mum freaked out and put the kitten back in the carrier.

By the time I got back to mum's after dancing (2 hours later) Biscuit and the kitten were sniffing each other's noses and the kitten was pawing Biscuit while Biscuit licked him ever so gently. I still don't trust her fully with him but there was a lot of progress in a short amount of time.

So he is set up in the laundry. I took him to my best friend's house first to see if they wanted him and we tired him out completely. No photos yet cause he is sleeping but I'll get them tomorrow. He is only 4 weeks old but eating solids. I bought him some dry kittten food and some kitten milk. He has water for the night, I'll give him milk through the day when I'm around to keep an eye on it and give him fresh stuff. He was so cute to play with, I'm bonding but I can't bond with him. With alex in all his depression he'd have to fall completely in love with him to say he could stay. On the bright side though my best friend's boyfriend's parents are coming up for lunch on Saturday. she took photos of him to show them (his mum is an animal freak!!!!! she would have them all) and she has keys to our house so she is going to bring them over for a play if they like his photos.
He is so freaking cute it is unbelievable!!!! He is ginger....he looks like a tiny tiny version of Vegger's Oliver. I'll get pics tomorrow of him. I really want to get a picture of him and Biscuit together.
Anyway guys, just wanted to tell you he is here. I'll go out tomorrow and buy him an ole cheapo scratching post. He has molly's cat ball for the night (she is not impressed) and I'll get him some toys then...they can all be kept her for my rabbits and any future strays I bring home!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-25-2004, 06:46 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

omg carmen! i am sooo happy that you took him in!! i'm sure he will find a loving home.

kudos to you girl!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-25-2004, 11:27 AM

Red face

Good luck Carmen with your new kitten! :hpydance:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-25-2004, 11:56 AM

Aww...Carmen you are awsome for giving him a chance like that! Good luck with the little fuzzy!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-25-2004, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

Thanks guys!! He is so much fun to play with!!! Alex was a bit cranky by the time I got home last night (I was home way later than I expected) and so he hasn't said much but he did smile at him. We'll see what happens tonight. If Alex said 'lets try and keep him' I don't think I'd say no! He was even rubbing up against Biscuit's legs and purring! It was so cute!
I posted a couple of pictures.

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-25-2004, 04:21 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

aaaawwww goodluck with the ickle guy, glad hes found a good home

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2004, 04:09 PM

Thats great Carmen! I missed this thread somehow. I'm so glad you save him! He does look like Ollie (with more white).

Tags
red eyes