Kitten keeps sneezing - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 07:24 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Flag Kitten keeps sneezing

So we just got a kitten from a humane society and since he's been home he's been doing a lot of sneezing. Anyone have an idea as to what is going on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 10:03 AM
Hello Earthling

He most likely has a URI.

They can usually get over it without any help, but if he starts open mouth breathing, stops eating or his behavior changes take him to the vet.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 01:57 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

could be a change to the enviro hes not use to it.

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 09:39 PM
It's all for them

As was said, it is common for cats and kittens from shelters to have upper respiratory infections.

Kittens can go down hill fast, and it's really just a good idea anyway to have a new pet checked out by your own vet.

I recommend you get your new kitten in to see your vet. Hurray for you for adopting from a shelter!

Keep us posted on your new furbaby.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 10:56 PM
Lovin' my pack!

I'd take her to get checked out...or give her some tissues,lol...j/k!

"Not for human consumption"- Peas in a Pod

Visit Peas in a Pod page on Facebook...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-22-2010, 06:06 AM
Newborn Pup

Hi There,
I have a cat that does that, but he has some lovely stuff coming out of his nose too, so we have tried antiboitics 3times.....but for us, we know his fang teeth need to be removed they are way to long, and are pressing into his sinus cavity, causing infections....and yes i walk around with tissues all day..LOL
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-22-2010, 11:18 AM
It's all for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytwinsx2 View Post
Hi There,
I have a cat that does that, but he has some lovely stuff coming out of his nose too, so we have tried antiboitics 3times.....but for us, we know his fang teeth need to be removed they are way to long, and are pressing into his sinus cavity, causing infections....and yes i walk around with tissues all day..LOL
If antibiotics aren't working, then the problem is most likely viral in nature. Talk to your vet about putting your cat on l-lysine, which controls the herpes virus, and improves the immune system.

L-lysine is not a prescription medication, it is a supplement. I recommend using the pure powder, just put the dose in the cat's food every day, it has no taste except slightly salty, and cats like salt.

Once you get him healthy (it may take a few weeks) you can have his surgery to get those fangs taken out.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-26-2010, 05:13 PM
Newborn Pup

yeah he is already on that, at times his nose has a bloody mucus also.....i'm tellin ya i have never seen such long fang teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebody View Post
If antibiotics aren't working, then the problem is most likely viral in nature. Talk to your vet about putting your cat on l-lysine, which controls the herpes virus, and improves the immune system.

L-lysine is not a prescription medication, it is a supplement. I recommend using the pure powder, just put the dose in the cat's food every day, it has no taste except slightly salty, and cats like salt.

Once you get him healthy (it may take a few weeks) you can have his surgery to get those fangs taken out.

Tags
health, kitten, sneezing