Kitten Litter Box Troubles - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Question

Help! My 7 week old kitten won't use the litter box! I can't find where in the house she is peeing. I found poop on the floor only once since we got her and my BF flushed it before I could tell him to put it in her litter box. What other advice can people give me out there??? I use Tidy Cats for multipe Cats (Red Label Scoopable) since I have another cat. Should I switch for the new kitten? Thanks for any input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 03:27 PM

patience, take your time, be diligent, and your kittie will get trained
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 03:31 PM
SwC

How many boxes do you have as each cat should have thier own box as I know my cats dont like to share the litter box. I have 3 and they all go to thier own box. Also for a kitten be sure you have one that is not the covered deep kind as he may have problem getting in and out of it for now (switch to that when he's bigger). Try placing him in it several times a day particularly after you see him eating or drinking. He's too young to have to search out the box in another room. Also place it in an area close to where he spends most of his time. Another thing you could do is when you are out or unable to watch him, put him and the litter box in a small area (cat cage or bathroom) as he wont usually mess where he has to sleep. He'll get the hang of it with much patience from you. Also be sure you use a product that will rid of all the odor and remnants of the accidents or he will go to those areas again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Sounds like I am doing most of the right stuff. My older cat has a big covered box, but I got a small box for the kitten. When we are not home, we block of the kitchen for the kitten to stay in. I keep her litter box near her food- but not close enough to be offensive, and I put her in it several times a day... If I could just find where she is peeing? I think I may go out and get a UV light to find out and use Nature's miracle over it. Thanks for the tips... if anyone has anything else, I would love the advice. My older cat came to me when he was 11 weeks old and litter box trained... too bad HE doesn't want to train her.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 04:21 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

lol if only it worked that way huh lol...I have never had to litter train a kitten, but it does sound like you are doing the very best you can

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 04:35 PM
Aspires to Change Oil

Do you know if your other cat is picky about litter? the kitten may not like the brand so switching if you can afford to try it might be worth it. Be sure the box is big enough he can move a bit but isn't so deep he has to really jump into it. He may not like that...

I hope you are able to convince him the litter box is a good thing to use. We never had to litter train kittens... they used it on their own while trapped in the bathroom during worming treatment.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Yeah! My kitten finally used the litter box! I ordered a UV light to find where she WAS going too to prevent future accidents. Thanks for the advice everyone!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 09:32 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

You do sound like you have done everything right. At least that is my opinion. The UV light is great and the natures miracle is a miracle! As you know cleaning up the old spots is very important.
Good luck with you new kitty.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny

Tags
box trained, litter box, litter box trained, litter train