Kitten with a mohawk - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Kitten with a mohawk

I rescued a kitten in the begining of October. I think he is about 12 weeks old now. When I got him he had medium length fur. Now the fur on his spine is REALLY long but everywhere else its short. Could his fur stay like this or will it even out??

Oh he was all black when I got him. Now his fur is turning gray. He has some stripeing on his legs but everywhere else is just splotchy.

He's my silly looking kitty!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 11:17 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

We had a kitty that died not too long ago like that. All the fur on her spine grew the opposite direction giving her a mohawk, and her tail was shaped like a bottle brush XD
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 07:25 AM
Adolescent Pup

How unusual, you should each post a pic of your kitties, that would be awesome!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Where all pets are special!!
(New members welcome and always appreciated!)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pop in and give us a look, and if you like what you see, we'd love to have you join our wonderful community
!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 04:07 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Posting pictures has never worked well for me on here. Additionally, I don't really have any good pictures of her mohawk..
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

This is Ciaran when I first got him, I will try to upload pictures of his mohawk tomorrow!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 000_0021.jpg (79.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 000_0004.jpg (76.0 KB, 6 views)
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 07:38 AM
Adolescent Pup

petxing: How adorable!! can't wait to see the mohawk pic, I have never seen a kitten like this. I do however have a goat that has a mohawk, and it gets REALLY noticeable in the winter.

FlickeringHope: I haven't tried to upload a pic here yet. What kind of problems do you have?

Where all pets are special!!
(New members welcome and always appreciated!)

Pop in and give us a look, and if you like what you see, we'd love to have you join our wonderful community
!!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 02:32 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Such innocent and adorable kitty, hope to see more clear photo of his mohawk fur, teasing!

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

Visit -
- for fun and tips for pets!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 12:41 PM
canis lupus familiaris

Salem is like that! Oh man I thought I was the only one. I called it her cheetah spot since teenage cheetahs have that same thing. Anyway hers kinda went away. Its still a tad longer but not as much as it was when we first got her. I'm thinking its just kitten fuzz that isn't going away.

[B]
Spyro
Loki
Luna
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 12:44 PM
canis lupus familiaris

This is Salem around 12 weeks old. You can kind of still see it but I know what you mean. And yes she still has black, smoke stripes. We don't think its going away.

[B]
Spyro
Loki
Luna
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 05:57 PM
Newborn Pup

Can we get a better picture of this kitty mohawk?

Tags
funny, fur, long, short