Kitten pics - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-24-2002, 01:46 AM
piggapalooza

Kitten pics

Well I am the new owner of two persian sweeties, Jack and Weezer. My mom always had Persians in her younger days and when I was a small child, but hasn't had any cats since I was 8 or so. So she decides she wants to get a pair to fill her empty time now that she is getting a bit older. Well her new husband turns out to be highly allergic, so she begs me to take them...I wasn't too sure about having cats with a baby in the house. She tells me she will pay to feed them, groom them, have them taken to the vet, all I have to is keep them. FIne with me...but I fell in love...who could resist those tiny squashed faces? So now I'm the proud owner of a pair of highly energetic 6 week old babies. So my question is should I have them declawed, because of the baby and all?

This is Jack...he has some crazy registered name...Cosmo's Creampuff...or something weird like that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-24-2002, 02:38 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Jack is absolutely ADORABLE!!!

On declawing ... I am very opinionated on this subject and personally feel that it should never be done at all. I think it's cruel and inhumane.

You might want to check out some links:

http://amby.com/cat_site/declaw.html

http://www.softpaws.com/

http://www.catsinternational.org/9_1.html

http://www.care-for-my-cat.com/html/declaw.html

I'd suggest researching and making your own decision. In the meantime, enjoy the furballs!!

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-24-2002, 03:19 AM
piggapalooza

Weezer...

He also has some crazy registered name...something Dominoe, can't quite remember...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-24-2002, 07:17 AM

Jack is gorgeous. Real that you can on declawing and then decide not to do it.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-24-2002, 10:10 AM

i don't feel cats should be declawed. just lock the babies room and make sure the kittens don't go near it.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-24-2002, 11:38 AM

aww! weezer is so cute!!!!!!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-24-2002, 12:27 PM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

They are both adorable! The lady I got my shih tzu from breeds Persian cats and shih tzus - isn't that a house full of smushed in faces???

I know I'm in the minority here, but I have no problem with declawing cats, particularly if they are young. (I don't think it is right to take an older cat and subject them to the trauma of declawing and the risk of anesthetic. It IS a trauma if they have spent their entire life being an indoor/outdoor cat and suddenly they are in their "golden years" and someone decides that they should no longer be allowed outdoors and wants to keep their furniture intact.)

Experience has shown me that, unless they've made tremendous strides in the past few years, SoftPaws are NOT worth the money.

I wouldn't hesitate - especially with the baby involved. They are young and will adapt very quickly. They will also learn to use their back feet as their mode of defense. I assume that they will be inside cats, so you are saving yourself from stressing about the baby.

My cat is declawed and goes outside into our pool area and we keep the back door to the garage open for him. He was probably about 9-10 weeks old when we had it done and he has not suffered from it at all. He's a loving cat and shows no signs of having been traumatized as a kitten - and he's the one that was attacked by a rotty and we saved from being euthanized because we felt like he would be fine!

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-24-2002, 12:38 PM

What cute kitties.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-24-2002, 02:12 PM
piggapalooza

Another pic of Jack

Here is another pic of Jack.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-24-2002, 04:44 PM

The pictures are adorable!
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-24-2002, 08:20 PM

awwwww what adorable little kitties.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-25-2002, 07:22 PM

They are so cute.:hershey:
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-28-2002, 03:13 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

They are beautiful kitties! My friend has a Persian and that cat thinks she's the queen of the house. My friend grooms her in the laundry room and the cat will jump up on the washing machine when she's ready for her servant to attend to her grooming needs.

As far as declawing, I'm with Critter. You'll be saving yourself alot of worry about your baby. My mom had her Bengal declawed and it's probably saved her thousands on furniture and curtains, not too mention it's saved me from ALOT of scratches when he's playing and attacks me as I'm walking away. I think as long as you have it done while they're still young it's ok.

Rhonda

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 01:20 AM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

Awww they are so adorable kitty's

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 08:26 AM
mydogsrmyangels

What adorable kitties!!

Tags
outdoor cat, shih tzu