Kitten Rage - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Kitten Rage

I have a ginger tabby female kitten, she is aprox 6 months old now. She is currently a house cat until i get her spayed then she can start going out & about being a cat.

Cookie has a really weird way about her, she is just "CRAZY" Cookie runs around the house with her tail curled high, hunched back and making a weird alien sounding growling noise, At the time of doing this she is diving up the walls, Hanging from curtains, Diving across window sills smashing things. My eldest cat went through this when he was younger but only happened about once per day. Cookie is like it at least 22 hours per day.

I've bought her a massive cat scratch post, Loads of kittie grass, Provided plenty of cat nip toys. & she just want bother them.

She attacks the wall paper, not with her claws in a scratch way but with her teeth, she will grab and pull.

Overall Cookie is a very affectinate girl, with a sweet persoanlitly, loves cuddles and trending and suckling on your dressing gown.

Anyone had this with their Kitten.. I was told she has Red Rage which is similair to what Red Cocker Spaniel Dogs get.

Any advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 05:13 PM
Hello Earthling

My kitten is also 6 months old and does not have this problem, although he is neutered.

I think that spaying her will most likely help with the crazyness.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 07:02 PM
RAT ADDICT

I have two kittens now and an adult cat and neither of them do that! I was reading something earlier about distemper in cats and also neurological issues...maybe your kitten has a brain problem? It wouldn't hurt to have her checked by a vet.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

has she been doing this all the time or just recently?

6 months is the time they start being ready to be spayed, so you can take the appointment right now for her. And the vet could at the same time check if anything's wrong!

If she has only been doing this recently, maybe she's in heat? they act CRAZY when they are, but mainly just meow very loud and put their butt up at any sound or movement haha
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 09:38 PM
can't think of one, help

what kind of cat is she. I have an abysinian and she is constant motion. My other kitties also do some of the things you describe. My abysinian can do a staircase in two bounds, she also chases the others.

Vicki

Rainbow, Abbles, Carmy, Kissy, Peaches, Cream, (kitties) and Littlebunny boy (elder bunny)

the pic is the last one of my meecee kitty (5/9/89 - 1/9/08)
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

She's always been some sort of Crazy, Hyperactive etc. But it's has gotten worse say the last week. She into everything!

She has got her tail high alot. I don't know much about cat's being in season. Do they show any signs in which you can tell.

Also she has always been very talkative, but i'd say shes more hyper and talkative at night.

If she is in season would'nt my male give her any attention, He don;t really bother with her at all
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

Oh she's a Ginger Tabby, She's not any sort of breed just a moggie tabby
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 09:48 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

if your male is neutered, he wouldn't give her much more attention than usual.
If she's in heat, she will meow a horrible meow that's is a long low pitched meow. She will try to go outside (especially if there are un-neutered males around your place), she will lay down with her butt up in the air if you pet her, and meow more.
If your cat is usually calm, you can see almost immediatly that she's in heat.
the sure sign is if you pet her on the back at the base of her tail, she will meow and be all hyper and put her butt up.
Lots of females in heat meow all night long. For some reason it's worse at night.
My cat tia was in heat a week before her spay appointment! and if I said "tia?" she would lie down on her side instantly and meow. They go crazy for attention.
to be shure it's not just that, you can watch videos of cats in heat on youtube haha
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 10:46 AM
can't think of one, help

If she is in heat you will definately know it. They will drive you nuts when they are in heat.

Vicki

Rainbow, Abbles, Carmy, Kissy, Peaches, Cream, (kitties) and Littlebunny boy (elder bunny)

the pic is the last one of my meecee kitty (5/9/89 - 1/9/08)
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 04:10 PM
RAT ADDICT

As mentioned,it is no secret when they are in heat! They will constantly try and get out,may have behaviour changes,scream (meow loudly and it gets annoying),roll around,raise their bum...etc,etc.

Get her fixed.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *