Kitten in trouble! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Angry Kitten in trouble!

So my ex-roommate just got a kitten about 2 weeks ago. He's the most adorable thing, they got him at 6 weeks. Well, I'll get right into it.

He's never been to the vet, first off. He's got fleas, which is disgusting and can easily be taken care of! But the thing that is scary, is that his rectum is bleeding. Its bleeding from the inside, and the kittie's but is so inflamed and red, its disgusting. I went over there yesterday, and he is pretty skinny now too. Agh my friend says she doesn't have the money to take it to the vet!! It makes me want to scream I am so angry!!!!

My friend's mom did some research, and said that the bleeding may be caused by pill worms. She gave us some de-wormer and we preceded to sneak it to the kitty in tuna juice. We were afraid that if we told our friend, she would be so upset and we wouldn't be able to give the kitty the medicine, so we decided to do it behind her back. Did we do the right thing? I mean, its better than sitting back and watching him not get the help he needs right? AGH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 06:19 PM
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

No you didn't do the right thing.
What if she gets the money and goes to the vet. The she dosen't know what you gave the kitten, and it can get really sick!

But 6 weeks is way to early to get a kitten. They should be 12 weeks.

/Pia

I apologized if my english is not correct
Owned by chinchillas since 1997
Breeding since 2005

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Check out my blog for Chinfo
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 09:42 PM
Hello Earthling

A kitten that young MUST be taken to the vet and taken NOW.

If she cannot afford to take this poor kitten then she should not have gotten it in the first place. Tell her to sell some of her own things to come up with the money and find a vet with financing options.

You need to tell her what you gave the kitten, so that if in the case she does take it to the vet, the vet will know.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 09:56 PM
RAT ADDICT

The kitten needs a vet now.At that young,problems like this can kill the kitten or give it life problems.If she cannot afford to bring it to the vet,then she has to rehome it with someone who will bring it to the vet.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Yeah, no **** it needs a vet. And no **** it needs a better home. But what can I do? I dunno, yeah maybe it was stupid to do that, but I know this girl, and she would rather spend her money on drugs than on her kitten.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 12:25 AM
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

Then report her.

/Pia

I apologized if my english is not correct
Owned by chinchillas since 1997
Breeding since 2005

<-- Check out my blog for Chinfo
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 02:15 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Poor little kitty, thanks for your kind motivation on helping him.. but you can't guarantee what you have given to him. With those internal bleeding and illness might have some kind of other sickness too, that requires better knowledge and understanding. Vet's immediate appointment and actions to make things better.

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

Visit -
- for fun and tips for pets!
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 03:58 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Yeah thats true. I will keep talking to her about payment plans and stuff, but I'm pretty sure reporting something like that around here won't get anything done. And she'd totally know it was me too.

I guess this was a pretty stupid post. I don't know what I thought I would get out of it.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 05:35 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

There's VPI Pet Insurance; which our pets were on until my parents dropped the account(still muttering in anger about that). There's two types of payment plans, and pet insurance is really worth the monthly(or yearly - whichever option is chosen) fees, for the help it gives you when it gets to be vet-time.

Don't regret posting! Please! You're trying to help a kitten, and that's what matters. You know... people make mistakes, and your mistake was all in good heart. To try and help a poor kitten, rather than sitting by and twiddling your thumbs, your heart was totally in the right place.

The downside is, if the kitten dies, that's on your friend's conscious, and shouldn't be on yours.

The upside is there's hope. There's always hope. But buck-up, which I know you can do because you had enough heart to try and help the kitten, buck-up, and tell them what you did, and as a friend, you're concerned for their kitten's sake and that's all that's been on your mind and you never meant to offend. If she's a true friend, she'll understand. If she isn't......

And of course, make sure she knows there's options. Humane societies..no-kill shelters.. Maybe if she knows there's options besides feeling "cursed" with this kitten's "disease", maybe she herself will buck-up and make the right decisions.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Thanks FlickeringHope. I knew that the kitten needed help for sure, but I didn't realize how deathly serious these problems could be. I did just want to help. I honestly think that he's not going to be seeing a vet anytime soon, but I am going to push it one more time and see how much she explodes at me

Man, I would take this kitten in a heartbeat. I wish I could grab it from her and say, well **** you then I'm taking him to the vet. And I will give him a good home! I wish I could take him from her. She'd never forgive me though, and hold it against me forever. Ugh. Whatever. And if this cat dies, then yeah, you're right. I shouldn't have done that, because it will be on my concious forever. Ugh. I just don't want to think about him suffering every day, until he inevitably gets so so so sick that she realizes maybe she SHOULD take him to the vet, and by then it's probably too late.

Ugh. She asked me if I wanted one of the other kittens from the litter. I said **** no, I'd rather get a healthy one from a shelter. I wonder if she got the hint.
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-17-2009, 09:42 AM
Newborn Pup

Poor Kitten

Could you get someone else to take the kitten??? The kitten really needs to go to the vet. That is just cruelty to the poor animal. Maybe if you approach your friend and offer to take the kitten and she could get another one or something. But the kitten also needs some shots.
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-17-2009, 09:52 AM
RAT ADDICT

Even if this kitten gets the help it needs and someone else takes it,I don't think this person should get another kitten.If she won't take this one to the vet,she won't take another one there...and your back in the same situation!

* Lisa *

post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-17-2009, 08:29 PM
Hello Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marg12 View Post
Could you get someone else to take the kitten??? The kitten really needs to go to the vet. That is just cruelty to the poor animal. Maybe if you approach your friend and offer to take the kitten and she could get another one or something. But the kitten also needs some shots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaRat View Post
Even if this kitten gets the help it needs and someone else takes it,I don't think this person should get another kitten.If she won't take this one to the vet,she won't take another one there...and your back in the same situation!

Exactly. If this person won't take this kitten to the vet; it shouldn't have am pets AT ALL

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-17-2009, 11:34 PM
RAT ADDICT

Haha...I love how you called the person an "it"!

* Lisa *

post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-18-2009, 10:04 AM
Hello Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaRat View Post
Haha...I love how you called the person an "it"!

I couldn't remember if it was a he or a she and anyone who lets an animal suffer doesn't deserve to be called by a personal pronoun (even though it is a personal pronoun, this person does not deserve to be called by third person singular)