Kitten update - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-06-2003, 04:04 AM Thread Starter

Talking Kitten update

Well, we've had the kittens for 5 days and they've each gained 4 ounces! Last night we got a poo from both kitties (first one from the black kitty), it came just in time, I was getting so frustrated I was literally sitting on my couch covered in kitten formula with 2 screaming kittens on me, crying at 3am. They're definetly more energetic and playful which means much harder to feed and clean. I tried EVERYTHING to get them to poop, I'm surprised I didn't give the poor things the runs! No more poops since last night, but they've both peed 2x today. I started putting down a little bowl of formula again and they're slowly starting to figure it out but they still snort a considerable amount up thier little noses After the last feeding I put them on the couch with thier little litter box and the gray kitty imediately went in there and started digging, lol. The black kitten didn't pay much attention, but then a little later he stopped playing and went over to the litter box and peed!!! I still can't believe that! Hope it keeps up!

They're learning new things every day too, when we first got them they were just lying limp in the basket and couldn't really stand or anything. Now they're running and fighting most of the day, they're learning to eat on thier own and use the litter box. Just today the gray kitty learned how to purr!! That was the sweetest thing! They can get out of thier basket now, I have no idea what I'm going to do with them from when the basket is too small until they're big enough to defend themselves with the dogs...we'll deal with that as we come to it I guess

Thank you everyone for your help and suggestions (I used em all to get poo!). Now we're just hoping they keep pooping!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-06-2003, 10:00 AM

Yay! Great news Becki! I can't believe you're not posting a picture of them!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-06-2003, 11:14 AM

I second the request for pics. Glad that they are doing so good and peeing and pooing for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-06-2003, 11:35 AM

Hooray hooray for peeps & poops! They are making great progress Becki. Maybe you'll start getting some sleep soon.

And yeah, what about those pictures hmmm?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-06-2003, 01:00 PM

glad to hear that things are picking up and going well. I fully agree about the pics. I love kitties.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-06-2003, 05:16 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Thumbs up

Woooohoooo!!!!
What a relief it must be for you! It sounds like they are doing fantastic- I'd have most likely just melted right off the couch the first time I heard a purrrrr

Oh I'm just so glad for you - it sounds like you mothered them and nursed them and loved them back to health. They sound adorable!!

can't wait to see them!!

I'm picturing them still really tiny- *thinking* - do you have those really big plastic laundry baskets? (I did this with a small kitten once....)
With 2 it might be messy- hrrrm - but what I did was use a foil pan as a litter box - lined the bottom with old towels, threw in some toys - then turned another laundry basket the same size, upside down on top and tied them together.... he had fun trying to climb to the top I used the same trick to contain my Cockatoo when I first got her - she was bearly perching yet- I get my birds from a breeder in florida where my parents live - and have had to come up with some creative ways to keep them until I bring them home to joisey.

Another option might be a big wire dog kennel? I don't know if you have one of those laying around. I wish I could give you my huge one- it would be perfect - line the tray with towels blankies - room for litter pan... and room enough for 2 to pounce around and play - and climb the wire

OK I'm blathering again... as usual! I'm soo glad they're doing so well!!

Pssst-

[center]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-06-2003, 05:22 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Yay!! :blob1: :blob2:

Good job Becki!

Rhonda

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2003, 10:34 AM

I am so glad they are doing good becki go BUY a disoposable camera and scan or go to Ira's and steal the digi-cam! Oh I want to see pictures! Ia m so glad they ar ekay!

Tags
litter box, litter pan