The kittens are banned from the bedroom today - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

The kittens are banned from the bedroom today

I usually let the kittens have access to the entire house minus the bathroom so they can run around and play. Their favorite room is our bedroom. This morning I woke up to Flop having climbed on top of the lampshade that is mounted on our nightstand for such a little thing I was shocked at the damage she did to it. Flip wasn't innocent this morning either she climbed up the miniblinds in the bay window. On sunday night these two figured out a way to get on the kitchen counter and tore through an entire loaf of bread. I'm at my wits end today trying to get them to behave, none of my past cats have been so crazy! I still love my little hellions to death though lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 02:44 PM
Miss New Booty

Awwww! Gotta love those kitten antics! How old are they?

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

The girls are 12 weeks old and absolutely nuts but so adorably loving!

Here's Flop eating Flip's foot in one of their many "fights"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 03:05 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Laura, spray bottles work wonders We have our share of hellions on this end with our own and our fosters, so I can understand your frustration.....Our problem with one of our hellions is she likes water so the spray bottle isn't doing any justice
Good Luck to ya!!!
P.S. you posted just as I did, so now I can compliment on how cute the kitties are.... and at 12 weeks yup kittens will be kittens

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

I don't think the water would work for these two... they actually LIKE to take baths, I caught Flip trying to swim in the tub last time i was filling it up for a bath LOL!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 03:56 PM
Miss New Booty

AWWW! They are adorable!!!!!!!! What a great picture!
Oh wow, they want to get in the tub!!!!

~* Jackie *~

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 04:14 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

What a cute pic!

I totally agree that spray bottles work. I use one all the time on Oliver because he's very destructive LOL. I know how you feel about damage too. I've had to throw away lots of things since I got him. Do you have a problem with your kitties chewing on cords? Oliver has ruined almost all of our cords. I think its so weird that he chews on them! If they start doing that you can buy tubing that goes over the cords. Thank goodness kitties mellow as they get older!

Rats have rights...& mice too!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

They both chewed on the chords the first few days that we had them but learned quickly if they chewed they got picked up told
"no" and then put on the couch so now it's funny they'll walk over to a chord then go jump on the couch without chewing.. I"m hoping they'll grow out of the destructiveness soon, but I doubt it lol.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 05:33 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

Eventually it eases up. They are quite adorable!

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 01:06 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

I know how you feel! My two kitties are wild things, too!

Spray bottles do work wonders. Galina likes to take SHOWERS with me, but even she doesn't like the direct hit of the spray bottle (or in my case, the water gun).

And to get the kitties to calm down some, right before bed time Sami and I get Galina (and sometimes Gerona) to run around the room for 30 minutes to an hour chasing the feathers that are on this pole (attached by a string). By the time we quit, she's tired and panting and then sleeps most of the night. It may work on your kitties, too. Just have to try it.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!