A kitten's eyes - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-2003, 06:27 PM
Lee0923

A kitten's eyes

Just wondering...

At what age does a kitten's eyes change to their permanent color?

Bentley is 10 weeks old and his eyes have changed from that deep baby blue to a blue-gray color, and I'm wondering if they'll stay this way.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-2003, 09:32 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

I THINK they have their permanent eye color by the time they're 3 months old, possibly sooner.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-20-2003, 12:16 PM

All Of my kittens (the ones I'm FOSTERING NOT KEEPING, as I keep having to tell myself) all changed eye color at about 4 or 5 weeks they all have yellow eyes. Right now we have 58 kittens at the shelter so I can give you a pretty good average when they all start to change lol!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-21-2003, 08:15 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Oh Dena, you KNOW you're going to keep at least one of those babies!

Rhonda

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-22-2003, 10:42 AM

Oh yes my dear I do know that and have already iformed my husband of that fact too. My cat likes to watch them (not allowed to be together yet) so I think a kitten will be good for her. One has already decided she wants me as an owner
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 08:55 PM

You sound very experienced with kittens. My cat had two kittens 4wks ago one has its eyes open, the other keeps getting watery eyes and crusty stuff on them, I carefully wipe the eyes with a warm clothe and they open the kitten plays and seems healthy, but the crusty stuff keeps coming back. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2012, 09:25 AM
It's all for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherine55 View Post
You sound very experienced with kittens. My cat had two kittens 4wks ago one has its eyes open, the other keeps getting watery eyes and crusty stuff on them, I carefully wipe the eyes with a warm clothe and they open the kitten plays and seems healthy, but the crusty stuff keeps coming back. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks
Yes, take the kitten to the vet.

And once they are weaned, get the mother spayed. And when the kittens are old enough, get them spayed/neutered also.

Declawing: please read this first
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 01:22 PM
canis lupus familiaris

My fosters are around 6 weeks and have shifted from baby blue. Looks like I have some greens in there.

Maybe yours will be slate blue?

[B]
Spyro
Loki
Luna
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 01:24 PM
canis lupus familiaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherine55 View Post
Sounds like an infection or cold which is VERY common with byb kittens (BYB being a dog term methinks?) I agree. Fix your kits, fix your cat, take em to the vet and don't worry about it anymore.

[B]
Spyro
Loki
Luna
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 02:26 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Moms last foster kitty change her light blue eyes into more green now, pretty interesting that it looks like still changing at age of more than 4 weeks..

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

Visit -
- for fun and tips for pets!