Kittens soon - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-08-2004, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
User Is No Longer Welcome

Kittens soon

Well i do believe Devon will be having her kittens sometime soon... shes layin here on my desk and not only did i see her belly move, but i felt one of them kick.. so i know theres at least one in there.. i just so happen to be gettin a digital camera soon, so i get to take lots of pictures of them... but how can i get ready for them... im already claiming the responsibilty cause im home more than my room mates and when joes cat had kittens, he never really spent time with them .. up here i know they'll be safe... how can i let Devon know where to go when she has them?

Last edited by juliet9521; 10-08-2004 at 04:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-08-2004, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
User Is No Longer Welcome

and now that i think of it, Azriel once had a litter... will she become possesive of Devon's? Devon is more mild mannered than her
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 10:59 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Hey...I found your post...okay, make a birthing box for her. Put old t-shirts or towels in it. Show it to her, let her know where it is. She may or may not use it...cats are weird that way. Devon will protect her babies...you may need to keep her and the babies seperate from the other cat for a few days or so. Azriel may actually be a help to Devon or she may upset her. Just be on the lookout for odd behavior. Cats know how to have babies, so if you aren't there for the birth...don't fret it. But, it may be good that you are there in case she has complications, but they are rare. If its her first litter, it will probably be small, maybe only 2 kittens. Watch her and make sure she nurses them, sometimes first time moms don't do well with their first litter, but hopefully she'll be a good mommy. More than likely she will. Good luck with the kittens..let us know how it turns out.

Because I was born in the South, I'm a Southerner. If I had been born in the North, the West or the Central Plains, I would be just a human being.
Clyde Edgerton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-15-2004, 06:44 AM
Part of the Pack

I found your post, that you mentioned in your other post.
You must be excited and worried at the same time. She looks like a healthy cat , I am sure she will be alright with you by her side.
Be sure to get pictures of the babies.
Thanks so much for sharing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-15-2004, 01:03 PM
Aspires to Change Oil

Oh kittens, how wonderful!! Yeah a nice birthing box is good to have. If dont mind spening a little money get yourself a cheap fleece blanket or just get a yard or two of the material. Maybe to put in the box after the kittens are born. I know our kitties love the fleece blanket we got them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.