The Kitties - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-08-2004, 07:31 AM Thread Starter

The Kitties

Here are the 4 cats we currently have, 1 is our Tator and the other 3 have been rescues... We have rescued 4 since we've been here, but Mr.Smokey found a great home ..... The white cat is King George, he lived outdoors at a house here in Italy, the lady that we got him from said she had been feeding him for about 2 years, but she was moving to Spain and because he came with the house she wasn't going to take him with her, UGH so George came home with us, he is about 3 years old. The Siamese (spelling) is approx. 9 years old, we got her from a guy that got her from a Lady in Sicily about 3 years ago, he got married and his wife hated cats, so he declawed "Bailey" (why I don't know) and when that didn't work he proceeded to live the cat outside to fend for herself for 3 years, UGH! oh and both cases were from Military families... again UGH! the little tabby guy is Kozmo he got dumped in a garage by somebody the day before we picked up George, same house as George, so knowing the thoughts this lady had on George we took "Kozmo" home as well, he was only about 2 months maybe so now is about 4 months old. So we've taken them in, got them shots, testing, and microchipped and well they are awaiting adoption, but they have grown so much to us as we to them, so we will see I posted 2 pics of George to show his personality, silly boy.... Bailey is always sleeping poor lazy girl so I couldn't get a better pic of her, and Kozmo well he is at his best when his sleeping, hahaha.... and then there is Ms. Tator she is our baby girl but is one that hates to have her picture taken.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-08-2004, 09:53 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

They are so cute! George does look like such a funny guy, lol! I just love those pics!

*Brandy*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-08-2004, 11:06 AM

What cutie pies they are! I like King George's belly pic. What a great name.
Are you working with a rescue group out there Kay? My short memory is failing me and can't remember if you posted that before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-08-2004, 11:43 AM

They are all cute. The first kitty looks like Smitty.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-08-2004, 11:56 AM

I WANT GEORGE!!!! He is definitely a cutie. They all look very happy to be taken such good care of. I wonder how many will actually be leaving your house
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-08-2004, 01:26 PM

WOW! U do have a small zoo
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-08-2004, 03:02 PM

Aaargh! I wrote Kay instead of Kim! Sometimes my fingers don't type what I'm thinking. Sorry!
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-08-2004, 03:36 PM

Wow! They are all gorgeous! Good luck finding them forever homes! How are the dogs getting along with the whole group?
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-08-2004, 09:01 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

they're so cute!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 02:36 AM Thread Starter

Awee thanks everybody.... Yes I am working with a rescue group, I work with "Naples Friends of Animals" as well as as "Lago Pro Animale". LOL @ wondering how many will leave our home ..... Out of all our fosters we have found homes for 4 dogs (including our most recent Blue Merle English Setter), 2 puppies and 1 cat and that is all in about 3 months time .... The dogs do well with the cats, Tabitha and Scooby have always been around other animals, so it doesn't phase them much, Dakota does pretty well with them, he just wants to play.... Gidget likes to chase them around so we have to keep on her a little, and the 2 pups well they are just that puppies .... The cats do well with the dogs, with the exception of George he actually torments the dogs when he is in the mood, he will corner the rotties and it gets too cute, because Dakota will howl because he can't get away
Yes we do have a small zoo here, but ya know it really isn't no different than what we had back in the states (just all dogs & cats here), we have no children just our pets and we both love rescueing and helping those animals in need
Dena...George is a character let me tell you, he can be so snuggly yet so fiesty
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 08:11 AM

That is so awesome! I wish I would have done that when I was over in Germany. I wanted to adopt from a shelter but the Germans wouldn't allow Americans to adopt for the same reasons that you have so many abandoned animals. It was so frustrating! I think if I had been persistant and kept going over to help they would have changed their minds about at least me, but I was so sad that I didn't go back. I would today if I were there today I'd think I would try to be more persistant.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

The group "Lago Pro Animale" is actually ran by a German Vet. She works with the RSPCA in Britain and works with several organizations in Germany as well. Alot of the cats and the smaller dogs that we find and foster go on a website that is for the German community only and if somebody in Germany chooses one, then we wait until enough of the smaller dogs are wanting to be adopted and they take a car convoy up through Austria and meet with the shelter(s) to deliver the dogs. It is harder to place the smaller ones in Germany because of the housing verses the larger dogs. At the same time it's sad because it leaves the Cats and the larger dogs that are in German Shelters not finding the homes they so need and deserve.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

Dena??? Ya know George is available but I know it's hard with you being there and us being here...oh I don't know if you can tell from his pictures, but he has 2 different colored eyes, one is ice blue, the other is yellow.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 09:41 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

I love the second kitty! His coloring is so adorable!!!

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 12:46 PM

Well if the atlantic ocean wasn't dividing us I would pick him up in a second! It not even the fact that he's all white. I just love the look on his face. You can tell he's one of those funny mischevious cats. And as we all know every queen needs her king. LOL Just give him a big hug and a kiss from me and make sure he gets a good home.

Tags
red eyes, white cat